Download newspaper articles

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
mech-eng
I would like to download articles of my favorite journalists. But they are in their newspaper's website. There are hundrends of article for one author. Is there a practical way to download a author's articles. I have to click hundreds of times. Is there any program for this case? For years ago I heard a type of programs called vampire programs. They could download the website so that programs' users can surf on that websites offline. Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

Answers and Replies

mech-eng
There are command line tools such as curl and wget for linux that can pull down webpages and what they reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CURL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wget

Remember though we don't want to capture copyrighted material.

If you just read them in the future is this related to copyrighted material? Those websites might be shutdown in the future so having an archive would be better. I use windows can I still use them?

Thank you.

That's for you to answer not me. If you feel its wrong then don't do it.

If you plan to post or republish them then that may go over the line.

mech-eng
That's for you to answer not me. If you feel its wrong then don't do it.

If you plan to post or republish them then that may go over the line.

No, I just want them not to be terminated in the future and of course reading them. If the websites shutdown or author leaves from newspaper the articles will be deleted i.e terminated.

Thank you.

BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2022 Award
Most newspapers I know of allow non-subscribers to access some number of articles/ some time period.
Once you access an article you could print or make a pdf of it for later.

If the author were to leave a newspaper, they would not throw away their old articles.

Suggested for: Download newspaper articles

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views