strangerep said:
I actually saw the
original broadcasts of Dr Who, so I've seen all the now-missing episodes.
you woundn't happen to have recordings of them all, do you?--garbageloads of the episodes from Hartnell & Troughton got wiped out due to neglect on BBC's part. Now, they're trying to recover anything folks may have (illegally--back then) recorded so they can recreate the missing years.
I was really annoyed when William Hartnell got replaced by Patrick Troughton. I kept waiting for him to change back, but it never happened. Got kinda bored after Peter Davison and stopped watching.
BTW, what was the name of the actress who played the primitive companion, always running around like a female warrior out of D&D? She ended up pairing off with another timelord!?
Loise Jameson, played Lelah--damned cute in that outfit, too!
Integral said:
The Tom Baker episode they played Sunday was great. Wish they would do that more often. They sure have improved the inside of the TARDIS. Tom Bakers TARDIS looked like something from a high school play.
Baker was the Doctor when I first started to watch. One of the best imo & nearly for 10yrs. Unfortunately, nearly everything back then looked like it came from a high school play: the sets, the props, the costumes, the special effects, many of the supporting cast...
I really liked Ecellson & Tennant--fantastic actors--and I wished they had lasted longer, like 10+yrs each.
But the wreck they made of the TARDIS just irritated me. I kept waiting and waiting for some guest star to show up, go inside the TARDIS, look about in stunned amazement, and just when the Doctor starts his spiel about "yeah, yeah, bigger on the..." only to be interrupted by the stranger start screaming "WHAT THE BLOOD HELL DID YOU DO TO THIS...THIS...OH MY GOD! THIS *WAS* A TYPE 40!"
