Drawing a labelled transition system (LTS)

In summary, the conversation is about drawing an LTS with the least number of transitions possible based on Hennessy-Milner equations. The speaker provides a link to the equations and asks for confirmation on their attempt at a solution, which has 4 states. They also mention that the notation in the equations is somewhat obscure and ask for clarification on the existence of a certain variable.
XodoX
Physics news on Phys.org
For reference, are you talking about these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hennessy–Milner_logic ?

Some of the notation in the relevant equations seems a bit obscure. Are you assuming the existence of ##\phi## for the ##L## derivatives?

Are you simply trying to evaluate the logic in the most effective manner? i.e the least amount of states?

Last edited:
Yeah, HML. The least amount of states. Right now it's 4. I have no idea if that's correct and/or if there is more than one solution. But this one above is what I have and it seems logical to me. I'm not 100% sure.

1. What is a labelled transition system (LTS)?

A labelled transition system (LTS) is a mathematical model used to represent the behaviour of a system. It consists of a set of states and labelled transitions between these states, which describe the possible actions that can occur in the system.

2. How is a labelled transition system (LTS) created?

A labelled transition system (LTS) can be created by identifying the states and transitions in a system and representing them in a graphical form. The states are represented as nodes and the transitions as directed edges with labels indicating the action that triggers the transition.

3. What are the benefits of using a labelled transition system (LTS)?

Labelled transition systems (LTS) are useful for modelling and analyzing the behaviour of complex systems. They allow for a visual representation of the system's states and transitions, making it easier to identify potential errors or flaws in the system. LTS can also be used for formal verification and testing of systems.

4. How is the correctness of a labelled transition system (LTS) determined?

The correctness of a labelled transition system (LTS) can be determined through formal techniques such as model checking or theorem proving. These techniques involve systematically checking all possible paths of the system to ensure that it conforms to the desired properties or specifications.

5. Can labelled transition systems (LTS) be used for any type of system?

Yes, labelled transition systems (LTS) can be used to model and analyze the behaviour of any type of system, including software systems, communication protocols, and hardware systems. They are a general and flexible modelling tool that can be adapted to various types of systems.