Dress clothes for conference/poster session

• Thread starter Beeza
  • Start date
In summary: I wouldn't wear out in public.Different conferences have different expectations of attire, but usually you would want to dress more formally than you would for going out in public. For presenting a poster or talk, you can dress casually, but make sure you look presentable. For example, you could wear slacks and a dress shirt.
I say we make it PF policy that all mentors must post in a suit.

Physics news on Phys.org
Cyrus said:
I say we make it PF policy that all mentors must post in a suit.

Will birthday suits suffice? :biggrin:

I don't know, I think for astronuc that wouldn't be fair. Well have to make him wear a tux.

Cyrus said:
I don't know, I think for astronuc that wouldn't be fair. Well have to make him wear a tux.
:rofl: I'll be wearing a tux in August at a friend's wedding. I'll have to get a picture taken. It's a rare event. :biggrin:

The way I look at it is like this...

Invest in a suit now so it looks really good on you now and as you get older you'll earn some respect (if you work hard and good) then the suit won't fit anymore but you won't need to wear it any longer!

Seriously though, you should always look your best when taking part in something you find important, whether it's a conference, date or a job you like.

JasonRox said:
Seriously though, you should always look your best when taking part in something you find important, whether it's a conference, date or a job you like.

I think it more important that dress appropriately. A suit is a good idea when you go to a e.g. job interview or even a date at a nice restaurant but, as I pointed out above, it would look really out of place at a physics conference. Not that shorts and a T-shirt is necessarily a good idea either, although shorts are certainly more common that suits at most conferences that are held during the summer.