Discussing Dual Black Holes and RIHC

In summary, the conversation discusses a potential black hole at the RHIC and the suggestion to research "dual black holes". However, the majority view is that the RHIC is expected to produce a quark-gluon plasma, with links provided for further information on the topic.
Sauron
Fisrst excuse me if the topic has already been addressed. I have made a quick research and i didn´t fint it.

I talk about these:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4357613.stm

A preliminar interpretation of it was as a black hole.

Someone suggested me to do a researtcho for "dual black holes" and i went into an article which describes it as somthing related to branes and al that (as soon as i guesss what´s is bad with the ocnfiguration of acrobat reader in my computer i´ll post the url)

Anyway. It looks that something very black hole like is at the RIHC.

Have any of you readed about it? What is your opinion?

Physics news on Phys.org
Some believe the RHIC has produced the right kind of particle signature to qualify as a black hole according to some versions of string theory. This is, however, a minority viewpoint. What the RHIC researchers are expecting to see is a quark-gluon plasma: an extremely dense and hot form of matter believed to have existed shortly after the big bang. Here are some links:]
http://www.eurekalert.org/features/doe/2004-05/dnl-lrr050604.php
http://www.bnl.gov/rhic/black_holes.htm
http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0501068

Thank you for bringing up this topic! The article you shared discusses the possibility of a dual black hole system at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory. This is a very interesting and complex topic, and it's great that you have done some research on it already.

To briefly explain, a dual black hole system is a theoretical concept in which two black holes are connected by a wormhole, allowing for information and energy to be exchanged between them. This idea is based on the theory of branes, which suggests that our universe may exist on a higher-dimensional membrane.

At the RHIC, scientists are using powerful particle accelerators to collide heavy ions at high speeds, creating conditions similar to those in the early universe. This allows them to study the behavior of matter under extreme conditions, including the formation of black holes.

The possibility of a dual black hole system at the RHIC has been proposed as a potential explanation for some unusual observations at the facility, but further research and analysis is needed to confirm or refute this hypothesis.

Overall, the idea of dual black holes and their potential presence at the RHIC is a fascinating topic that requires further investigation. I have not personally read about it in depth, but I am intrigued by the potential implications it could have for our understanding of the universe. I look forward to learning more about it as research in this area continues.

What is a dual black hole?

A dual black hole is a theoretical concept in which two black holes are believed to exist in close proximity to each other.

How are dual black holes formed?

Dual black holes are formed through the merger of two separate black holes, usually through the collision of two galaxies.

What is RIHC and how does it relate to dual black holes?

RIHC stands for Reissner-Nordström inner horizon conjecture, which is a theory that suggests that a black hole may have a second, smaller event horizon within its main event horizon. This theory is often discussed in relation to dual black holes as it could affect the behavior and structure of the two black holes.

Can dual black holes merge into one larger black hole?

Yes, it is possible for dual black holes to merge into one larger black hole through a process called coalescence. This usually occurs when the two black holes are in close proximity to each other and their gravitational pull causes them to spiral towards each other until they merge.

Why are dual black holes important to study?

Dual black holes are important to study because they can provide valuable insights into the structure and behavior of black holes. They also play a crucial role in the formation and evolution of galaxies, and can help us understand the nature of gravity and the laws of physics in extreme environments.