1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dynamical Magnetism Faradays Law

1. Apr 28, 2006 #1

A fixed loop with Radius a and Resistance R is parrallel with the y-z plane. Another loop with radius r parallel to the y-z plane and a distance away from the other loop has a velocity v moving toward the other loop.

What is the induced Voltage?

Assuming (Told to assume this) a << r << x (Distance between loops)

B = (UIr^2) / (2x^3) <--- Taken from physics book

Flux = Integral B * n dA = Bpiea^2. (Flux thru fixed loop)

Voltage = d(Flux)/dt = -piea^2d(B)dt = -(piea^2UIr^2)/2 d(1/x^3)/dt

Problem... d(1/x^3)/dt = -3x^-4*v... I wasnt given x so how do I solve this?

Voltage = (pie*a^2*U*I*r^2*3x^-4*v)/2 (I'm not given I or x) What am I doing wrong here.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2006 #2
    plz take notice. im dumb at physics... but from ur questions i see like 3 lines of equations(i dunno if they r related) . Like in maths question like that i would try solve it by simultaneously.
  4. Apr 28, 2006 #3

Staff: Mentor

Induced voltage in what? Also, there is no B field mentioned in the problem statement, so there is no reason for there to be an induced voltage in anything. Is there a current flowing in the fixed loop, and you're asked to find the voltage induced in the second loop?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?