Edwards EXT200HT pump and controller compatability

In summary, the conversation involved the individual inquiring about the compatibility of their Edwards 200H T pump with an EXDC160 controller they purchased at a good price. They were unsure if the pump, marked as NRA093000, was a 24V or 80V pump and if the different voltage ratings were due to the controller or the pump itself. Upon contacting Edwards, they confirmed that there are indeed both 24V and 80V pumps and they require corresponding controllers.
CambridgeMart
TL;DR Summary
24V /80V, what works with what pump?
I have an Edwards 200H T pump that came without a controller. I managed to get an EXDC160 for a good price, but I'm now concerned whether it is suitable for my pump. The pump is marked as NRA093000 which, as far as I can tell, is a 24V pump. The EXDC is D39641500 which is an 80V controller.
What I'm struggling to work out is whether there are 24V and 80V pumps, or if the different voltage rating is purely down to the controller fitted when new. It appears that the EXC mains powered controllers work for all EXT pumps and output ~90V, with no differentiation between 24V and 80V pumps, so I have a feeling 24V and 80V refer only to the supply voltage to the controller. Can anyone confirm this?

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Those are very specific questions. I think you would get better answers by asking Edwards directly.

Thanks, I've fired a message off to Edwards, I'll post their response here when I receive it.

Edwards replied pretty promptly, it seems there are 24V pumps and 80V pumps and they need 24V or 80V controllers repsectively.

Likes anorlunda

1. What is the compatibility of the Edwards EXT200HT pump and controller?

The Edwards EXT200HT pump is compatible with the Edwards iH series controllers, specifically the iH600, iH1200, and iH1800 models.

2. Can the Edwards EXT200HT pump be used with other controllers?

The Edwards EXT200HT pump is designed to work specifically with Edwards iH series controllers and may not be compatible with other controllers.

3. Is the Edwards EXT200HT pump compatible with older Edwards controllers?

The Edwards EXT200HT pump is not compatible with older Edwards controllers, as it requires the advanced features and capabilities of the iH series controllers.

4. Can the Edwards EXT200HT pump and controller be used with other vacuum equipment?

The Edwards EXT200HT pump and iH series controller can be used with other Edwards vacuum equipment, as long as they are compatible and have the necessary connections and communication protocols.

5. Are there any special requirements for setting up the Edwards EXT200HT pump and controller?

The Edwards EXT200HT pump and iH series controller require a power supply, appropriate vacuum lines, and proper setup and calibration procedures to ensure optimal performance. It is recommended to consult the user manual for specific instructions.