1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

EET to EE Transfer

1. Oct 5, 2008 #1
    *I posted this in the EE forums... whoops :tongue:*

Hey everyone!

I've been going to a school for EET and I've been doing pretty well so far. Something clicked for me this semester and I started to enjoy the program more and the challenges it presents. I have to say, I love working with MCUs and FPGAs; however, I do love my other course as well.

Recently, someone told me that usually EET majors make less than EE majors and my question is this:

How easy it would be to transfer my AAS credits in EET to an EE program for a BS. These are the classes I'll have taken after I get my AAS http://www.morrisville.edu/Academics...ml/courses.htm.

I guess I could wait until Monday to ask my teachers, but I really need to know now haha.

Thanks everyone!
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2008 #2
    To my understanding, Engineering Technology courses don't transfer well into a true engineering degree. However, the following quote was found on your school's website: "It is possible to transfer into BSEE programs if the student is able to take advanced Math and Physics while at SUNY Morrisville and special transfer arrangements are made."

Talk to your advisor and find out what needs to be done asap. You may end up going into the Engineering Science program if you haven't gone too far in the EET program.
  4. Oct 5, 2008 #3
    Honestly I didn't see any courses that really struck me as typical EE courses (Though I have no idea what electrical theory is), but of course the gen ed stuff like technical communications and calc will transfer if you decided to go the EE route.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?