Effect of vertical position on shear force and bending moment readings

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
shinnsohai
Messages
41
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Recently I am undergoing such experiment in school
and my lecturer asked that, as if any changes in the distance(vertically) will there be changes in the force/reading of it?Assuming there is no changes in anything else except the position of the tools.
(Since the "Cell load" is fixed I was unable to test it over the lab)




2. Relevant Pictures
bean1.png

beammm.png



The Attempt at a Solution


My guess are
-the force will only change as if there is 90degree to the force applied point
-since the changes is perpendicular to it, so there will be no effect on it.

(Sorry for Bad English)
(I've fail much in my grammar )
 
Physics news on Phys.org