Shear force and Bending moment of a Cantilever Rod

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
kgprice11
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
1. I have a rod as pictured in the attachment. The rod is at a 45 degree angle.
The load force is 115.118lbf
The force is y-direction is 97.954lbf

The Force at A is 5 inches from Force in the y-direction.
The force at B is 10.5 inches from the Force in the y-direction

I need to find the shear forces for A and B and the moment at point C

I am stuck at the shear forces (V)

Thanks for the help
 
Attachments
Physics news on Phys.org
kgprice11: You must list relevant equations yourself, and show your work. And then someone might check your math.
 
You will not be able to find the shear forces at A and at B. But you will be able to find the shear force between A and B. Which definition of shear force do you prefer to use? (there are at least two)