Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical engineers site work- Notes & requirements

1. Feb 10, 2014 #1
    Hello,

I am design electrical engieer, & as part of my job i am responsible to prepare fabrication & detail drawings.

However this requires extensive experience in yard & fabrication work, since there is a lot of consumbale items that need previous experience to make the correct details & correct fabrication drawing.

Through the internet there are many books that talk engineering & design wise about electrical installation, but this is not the case for construction & installation notes.

I am wondering if some one has & can share any document that will provide good vision about the work of electrical engineer at site, & what are the problems they face in order to improve the installation & fabrication details to reduce these difficulties.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What kind of systems are you typically working with? If it's regular wiring of buildings, here in the United States we use this book -- The National Electric Code:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLHyABUC1zcZp3dfuRrV4nbrZbx239pbWIIdDfjyLY6818niw4pQ.jpg

If you are asking about Building Automation Systems, as are used in Smart Buildings, I can probably find you some references on them... :smile:

4. Feb 15, 2014 #3
    Thanks berkman,

You are absolutely correct, NEC can be very helpful.

Actually i am working for offshore platforms installation design, so if you have any other document to share, it will be very helpful.

Regards,
    Hisham

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook