I Electron wave funtion harmonic oscillator

Summary
the electron wave function for a determined energy level, without superposition of states, decreases its frequency as the distance from the center increases. So the "oscilation" shouldn't be slower with distance from the center?
As we see in this Phet simulator, this is only the real part of the wave function, the frequency decreases with the potential, so lose energy as moves away the center.

we se this real-imaginary animation in Wikipedia, wave C,D,E,F. Because with less energy, the frequency of quantum wave decreases, and the speed decreases too, the oscilation wouldn't be slower acording to frequency variation in image F for example? (the same way we see image D oscillating slower than F)
QuantumHarmonicOscillatorAnimation.gif

The desired response, without formulas, and without Schrödinger time independent ecuation, just explained

thank you!

BvU

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Hello jhonny, ##\quad## :welcome: ##\quad## !

and the speed decreases too
No. CDEF are not 'moving': they are solutions of the SE consisting of solutions of the TISE times ##e^{i\omega t}##. For those ##<x(t)>=0##: the expectation value for the position is zero (i.e. constant).

BvU

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
As we see in this Phet simulator
Your interpretation of the variations in the wave function as 'frequency' is wrong: those are (spatial) variations in the wave function, nothing else. ##\ \Psi^2\ ## is a probability density and that is fluctuating, unlike in a clssical harmonic oscillator.

Even if you hate formulas you can look at this difference between QM and classical