1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Electronic Engineering

1. Oct 13, 2009 #1
    Hi,

I'm a freshman studying electronic engineering (A 3 year program in my university).

Lately I've been going through a lot of the posts here on this forum and I couldn't help myself from wondering where I could find myself in 3 years time or maybe more if I decide to go for a masters (but it's too early to start thinking of that just yet).

I have read that most engineers end up doing computer work all day, I even read "The Should-I-Become-An-Engineer?" thread but I couldn't find any answers related to my question. I don't want to end up working with a company doing the same thing over and over again for years. I think the most dynamic environment for me would be working as a researcher in the private sector maybe. But do such opportunities really exist and what's the likelihood to nail a job in such a position?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2010 #2
    hey exis ,i don't think there is a 3-year engineering bachelors degree ,you may need to go for a masters,even though engineering jobs in general consist of dynamic environments , most research positions require a masters degree

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook