Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Embarking on an Engineering Website for Students

1. Oct 4, 2009 #1
    I created a website called engineeringunlimited.wordpress.com . The purpose of my website is share my love of engineering with fellow high school students and give individuals interested in becoming engineers some resources to look at as they choose an engineering discipline to study. I know from my own experience that it is very difficult to find solid engineering websites on the internet that address the many questions prospective engineering students may have, so I would really like for my website to reach out and help guide prospective engineering students to a particular engineering discipline that they really love.

As of right now, the two main problems are that: 1. I'm poor and cannot afford a legit domain, and 2. I'm in high school and can hardly find time to devote hours each day to my website.

For these 2 main reasons, I am asking for assistance in making my dreams I have for Engineering Unlimited possible, so that other students like myself who want to become engineers can benefit from it. Again, my main motivation is to help prospective students, and I am in no way asking for money or charity- all I ask is for help. Whether you are a real engineer or just someone who loves engineering, your contributing efforts towards Engineering Unlimited will be used to help others and not go overlooked. If you are interested in becoming an author/contributor for the site, please PM me.

I thank all of you who would like to help immensely.
    (sorry for making this post so long)

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2009 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Well first of all, PF is a great site for engineers, scientists and mathematicians. Many of the staff are practicing engineers, physicists/scientists, and mathematicians.

Secondly, most if not all engineering societies have excellent websites for their members and public, and they even encourage students to join at very low rates.

So the site as described seems a bit redundant.

4. Oct 21, 2009 #3
    Good luck with that.

I think having different example questions and worked solutions with detailed explanations would be great. I am an chemical engineering student and that is always what I look for. Plus some help with with tutorial questions.

Which is why I am here.

5. Oct 21, 2009 #4

MacLaddy

Gold Member

You offer some good information on that site. I enjoyed reading through it, and I will check back from time to time.

Good luck on your endeavor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook