End effector with fish head kinematics

In summary, an end effector is a tool attached to a robotic arm that performs a specific task. The use of a fish head in end effector kinematics is based on the unique movements of fish and can improve efficiency and flexibility in certain tasks. This is achieved through sensors, motors, and algorithms. Potential applications include underwater robotics for tasks like ocean exploration and maintenance. Advantages include improved maneuverability, efficiency, and versatility in complex environments.
rbexplorer
End effector with "fish head" kinematics

Hallo,

I'm student and I have learned and read about end effector of robots. Could you recommend me some articles, www pages, pictures or videos about end effector with "fish head" kinematics?

Do you know companies, which sell or development end effector with "fish head" kinematics?

:help:

Thank you very much!

Regards Roman.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2101/fishheadkinematics.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I did some googling (images) and came up empty. Could you provide a couple basic links or references to help us get started?

Hello Roman,

Thank you for your interest in end effectors with "fish head" kinematics. This is an interesting concept that combines the movements and structure of a fish's head with the capabilities of an end effector in robotics.

There are a few articles and research papers that discuss this topic. One study, published in the Journal of Bionic Engineering, explores the design and control of a robotic end effector with fish-like kinematics for underwater grasping tasks (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1672652915000655). Another paper, presented at the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, discusses a bio-inspired end effector with fish-like kinematics for underwater manipulation (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7139215).

As for companies that sell or develop end effectors with "fish head" kinematics, I am not aware of any specific ones. However, there are many companies that specialize in robotics and end effectors, so it may be worth reaching out to them to inquire about this specific design.

I hope this information helps. Best of luck with your research!

FAQ: End effector with fish head kinematics

What is an end effector?

An end effector is a device or tool that is attached to the end of a robotic arm and is responsible for performing a specific task or action.

What is the significance of using a fish head in end effector kinematics?

The use of a fish head in end effector kinematics is based on the unique kinematics and movements of fish, which can be replicated and utilized in robotics to improve efficiency and flexibility in certain tasks.

How does an end effector with fish head kinematics work?

An end effector with fish head kinematics typically uses principles of biomimicry to mimic the movements of a fish head. This is achieved through the use of sensors, motors, and algorithms that control the movements of the end effector.

What are some potential applications of end effector with fish head kinematics?

Some potential applications of this technology include underwater robotics for tasks such as ocean exploration, marine research, and underwater construction or maintenance.

What are the advantages of using end effector with fish head kinematics?

The use of fish head kinematics in end effectors can provide advantages such as improved maneuverability, increased efficiency, and enhanced versatility in performing tasks that require precise movements or navigating through complex environments.

Back