Energy and environmental engineering silly question

In summary, the conversation discusses two questions regarding a coal mine assignment and the difference between them. The first question focuses on keeping gases inside the mine, while the second question focuses on dealing with gases outside of the mine. It is mentioned that dust from loading trains may not be considered part of mining operations. The question of whether "processing" is included in mining operations is also raised.
t0mm02
Hello everyone,

I am sorry if this question looks silly but my tutor has not replied yet and I need to work it out as soon as I can. Could someone tell me if they see any difference question 1 and question 2? Because I genuinely don't and it is driving me crazy. The assignment is about a coal mine and how to prevent emissions
IMG-20210502-WA0004.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
1. Focuses on keeping the gasses still inside the mine.
2. Focuses on doing something with gasses out of the mine.

It sounds to me like they are differentiating between gaseous and particulate emissions.

Likes berkeman and Tom.G
Loading trains can raise dust. This might not be considered part of "mining operations".

Is "processing" included in "mining operations"?

1. What is energy and environmental engineering?

Energy and environmental engineering is a field of study that combines principles of engineering, environmental science, and sustainability to address issues related to energy production, consumption, and environmental impact.

2. What are the main topics covered in energy and environmental engineering?

The main topics covered in energy and environmental engineering include energy sources and systems, environmental impact assessment, renewable energy technologies, energy efficiency, and sustainable development.

3. What are the career opportunities in energy and environmental engineering?

Career opportunities in energy and environmental engineering include working in industries such as renewable energy, energy efficiency, environmental consulting, and sustainable development. Graduates can also pursue research and teaching positions in academic institutions.

4. What skills are necessary for a career in energy and environmental engineering?

Some of the key skills required for a career in energy and environmental engineering include problem-solving, critical thinking, project management, teamwork, and knowledge of relevant engineering and environmental principles.

5. How can energy and environmental engineering help address climate change?

Energy and environmental engineering can play a crucial role in addressing climate change by developing and implementing sustainable energy solutions, promoting energy efficiency, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. This field also focuses on finding ways to mitigate the negative impacts of climate change on the environment and society.