Enter Physics Olympics this Year!

• Thread starter LENIN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about the physics olympics and the possibility of entering it. The speaker clarifies that it is not like the "special olympics" and that it is an international competition for high school students with a limit of 5 students per country. They also mention the possibility of using physics steroids and their own experience of getting to the second round of the olympiad. The conversation ends with the speakers discussing their chances of making it to the international olympiad, which is taking place in Spain.
LENIN
Hi!

Is anybody out here going to enter the physics olympics this year?

Physics news on Phys.org
isnt that what they do in high school?

Yes that IS something we do in high schools.

It's not like "special olympics" - right? (So far I've only considered mud wrestling.)

No it's not. It's something like an international competiton in the knowledg of physics(mostly harder examples buth with littel or no calcules). I might get on the national team, but there isn-t much chance of that, becouse there is a 5 per countrz limit.

are there physics steroids? id like some of those..

Is anybody out here going to enter the physics olympics this year?

It's not really something you can just enter. :wink: It won't be known which HS students will be representing a certain country in the international olympiad until that country's national olympiad is concluded.

P.S.
I assume you qualified for the nationals?

Last edited:
I took the olympiad and got to the second round but I haven't heard anything since i don't know what happened :confused:

Berislav said:
P.S.
I assume you qualified for the nationals?

Yes infact I'm one of 10 competitors for the five places awilable. It's qouit cool :cool: .

Yes infact I'm one of 10 competitors for the five places awilable. It's qouit cool

I'm one of 19. Maybe we'll compete against each other at the international olympiad. It's in Spain this year, I believe.

SOS2008 said:
It's not like "special olympics" - right?

I think that depends on who you ask.

Yes it is in Spain I hope to see you there

FAQ: Enter Physics Olympics this Year!

1. What is the Physics Olympics?

The Physics Olympics is an annual competition that challenges high school and college students to apply their knowledge of physics to a series of challenging problems and experiments.

2. How do I enter the Physics Olympics?

To enter the Physics Olympics, you must first form a team with 3-5 members and register for the competition on the official website. Each team must have a faculty advisor who will supervise and guide the students throughout the competition.

3. What is the format of the Physics Olympics?

The Physics Olympics consists of a variety of events, including written exams, laboratory experiments, and engineering challenges. The events are designed to test different aspects of physics knowledge and skills.

4. Who can participate in the Physics Olympics?

The Physics Olympics is open to high school and college students from all over the world. However, some events may have age or grade restrictions, so it is important to check the rules and regulations before entering.

5. What are the benefits of participating in the Physics Olympics?

Participating in the Physics Olympics can provide students with valuable hands-on experience in physics and problem-solving skills. It also offers an opportunity to meet and compete with other students who share a passion for physics, and can even lead to scholarships and other awards.

Back