Over 19 Years of Learning: Thank You Physics Forums!

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary, the conversation is about a member thanking Physics Forums for their education and expressing gratitude for @Greg Bernhardt's guidance for 19 years. Other members also chime in with their own thanks and appreciation for the forum and its members. They also discuss the fun and educational aspects of the forum.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just wanted to thank Physics Forums for the education. After being a member here for almost 19 years, I've learned a lot. Thanks @Greg Bernhardt .

• Love
Likes Oldman too, russ_watters, Astronuc and 13 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Incredible! You've seen quite the evolution! So happy and fortunate to have you guiding us for 19 years!

• Love
Likes Oldman too, pinball1970 and dlgoff
I have not been here nearly that long, but echo your sentiments, particularly regarding @Greg Bernhardt .
I also always eagerly anticipate your posts. A satisfying mix of old and new. Many thanks to you

Likes Oldman too, dlgoff, pinball1970 and 2 others
hutchphd said:
Many thanks to you
And to you. :smile:

Likes hutchphd
Greg Bernhardt said:
Incredible! You've seen quite the evolution! So happy and fortunate to have you guiding us for 19 years!
Meeting you is something I'll never forget.

• Love
Likes Greg Bernhardt and BillTre
dlgoff said:
I just wanted to thank Physics Forums for the education. After being a member here for almost 19 years, I've learned a lot.
Very cool! And thanks for your "Beauty of old electrical and measuring things" thread, there's a lot of fun stuff in it. You've got a lot of fun and nice items in your collection. :smile:

I'm also thankful for Physics Forums. This year I hit 10 years as a member. Time passes quickly.
When I once joined the forum I did not expect it to be as fun as it turned out to be.

And I've learned things here I would not learn anywhere else, thanks to the variety and quality of the PF members. Thanks to @Greg Bernhardt for once upon a time deciding to create an amazing forum! :smile:

• Love
Likes Oldman too, Greg Bernhardt, collinsmark and 4 others

1. What is the significance of "Over 19 Years of Learning" in Physics Forums?

The phrase "Over 19 Years of Learning" refers to the amount of time that Physics Forums has been providing a platform for individuals to learn and discuss various topics in physics. It highlights the long-standing and reputable nature of the website.

2. How has Physics Forums impacted the scientific community?

Physics Forums has had a significant impact on the scientific community by providing a platform for individuals to share knowledge, ask questions, and engage in discussions about various topics in physics. It has also helped to bridge the gap between professional scientists and the general public, making scientific information more accessible to everyone.

3. What types of topics are discussed on Physics Forums?

Physics Forums covers a wide range of topics in physics, including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, relativity, thermodynamics, and more. It also includes discussions on related fields such as astronomy, engineering, and mathematics.

4. How can one get involved in Physics Forums?

Anyone can get involved in Physics Forums by creating an account and participating in discussions. Users can ask questions, provide answers, and engage in conversations with other members of the community. There are also opportunities to become a mentor or moderator on the site.

5. What makes Physics Forums a valuable resource for learning?

Physics Forums is a valuable resource for learning because it provides a platform for individuals to ask questions, receive answers from knowledgeable members, and engage in discussions about various topics in physics. It also has a vast archive of past discussions, making it a valuable reference tool for students and researchers.