Euilibrium of a deformable body

• Thread starter x850xtpe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body
In summary, equilibrium of a deformable body refers to the state where all forces acting on the body are balanced, resulting in no net force or torque. This can be achieved through the application of external forces or the redistribution of internal forces within the body. The equilibrium of a deformable body is crucial in understanding the behavior and stability of structures and materials under different loading conditions. This concept is widely applied in various fields such as engineering, physics, and biomechanics to analyze and design structures and predict their response to external forces.
x850xtpe
Here are more unknows need to slove while I had only two equations which are sum of force on y-asix = 0 and sum of moment = 0. It is out of my learn. How can I solve these unknows?

Attachments

• 未命名.GIF
    未命名.GIF
    3.4 KB · Views: 472
Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure what you mean by "sum of moment = 0," but for equilibrium problems, I know you need to sum the forces in the x and y directions, sum the torques in the x and y directions, and set them equal to zero as you said, since everything is in equilibrium. Solve for your unknowns.

The moment which is cause the body to rotate, like torque.
Althought I had built the 2 equations, sum of moments = 0, sum of forces acting on y-asix = 0, I still cannot slove these unknows. I had not set the equation sum of forces acting on x axis, it is because no forces action on x-asix in this case. It is particular problem...

Could you post your work on it thus far? That might make it a bit easier to see what you have.

Also, are you accounting for the direction of each? (Such as a force acting downward being negative, while a force acting upwards being positive? Depending on your axes.)

ok......

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 400
I did a quick Google search and found this site: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~fanous/ce332/force/cdmoment.html
Perhaps that will be of some help.

Also, what happened to your first equation? It looks like it simplifies to
100 - 3VB + MA + MB = 0

Are MA or MB at all related to VB and VA (or the forces and the distance away from them)? Maybe you can get an expression for VB in terms of MA or MB.

Your beam is statically indeterminate, which means that you cannot obtain the reactions by simply applying the static equilibrium equations (note that you have four unknowns and only two static equilirbrium equations, eg. one moment equation and one force equation in the vertical direction).

You must use elastic equilibrium equations as well to solve.

Attachments

• 20090704_b300e7cab1270e54a68e8q7wuGDDk5cP.gif
    20090704_b300e7cab1270e54a68e8q7wuGDDk5cP.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 424

1. What is equilibrium of a deformable body?

The equilibrium of a deformable body refers to the state in which all of the forces acting on the body are balanced, resulting in no net change in motion or deformation of the body.

2. How is equilibrium of a deformable body determined?

The equilibrium of a deformable body can be determined by analyzing the external forces acting on the body and the internal forces within the body, such as tension or compression, to ensure that they are balanced.

3. What is the significance of equilibrium in a deformable body?

Equilibrium in a deformable body is important because it ensures that the body remains in a stable and balanced state, preventing any excessive deformation or failure.

4. What factors can affect the equilibrium of a deformable body?

The equilibrium of a deformable body can be affected by factors such as the material properties of the body, the external forces acting on it, and the geometry of the body.

5. How is equilibrium of a deformable body applied in real-world scenarios?

The concept of equilibrium in a deformable body is applied in various fields such as engineering, architecture, and biomechanics, where it is used to design and analyze structures and predict their behavior under different loads and forces.