Exploring Majors: My Journey as a First-Year Physics Student

• Thread starter Choopey
  • Start date
In summary, exploring majors as a first-year physics student can be a daunting experience, but it also offers a valuable opportunity for self-discovery and growth. From challenging coursework and hands-on research to networking and seeking guidance from mentors, this journey allows students to gain a deeper understanding of their interests and strengths. By staying open-minded and actively engaging in the exploration process, students can find the perfect major that aligns with their passions and career goals.
Choopey
How did you find PF?
Google search after searching for information about majors and such.
This is just a brief introduction to me at the moment, as suggested by the welcoming message.

I am currently an undergrad first-year at a private university in New York on the beginnings of the path for a Physics BS. I am not 100% committed to this choice of a major, but I am still interested (and expect to remain interested) in Physics, so here I am! Other majors I am currently considering are CS, Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), Math, Music, and any combination of two of them.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. Browse our forums, we have engineering and CS forums also.

Likes Choopey