Exploring Physics and Physical Chemistry: A Journey Through Wikipedia and Beyond

• Thread starter macuser
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the speaker has been reading about physics and physical chemistry on Wikipedia and is about to finish reading about all branches of physics. They then found Physics Forums and are now reading for fun without solving any math equations yet. They also mention the website hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu and their own blog post titled "Science Online" which contains interesting links.
macuser
i been reading on wikipedia. type in physics and everything highlighted physical physics and also everything highlighted physical chemistry. about to finish all the highlighted in branches of physics. about to read up more on physics through wikipedia. then i found this forum. not much i can do though. just reading for fun not solving any math equations just yet lol

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is the best way to start learning about physics?

The best way to start learning about physics is to read up on the fundamentals. This includes topics such as classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and quantum mechanics. It is also important to practice problem-solving and to stay up to date with current research and advancements in the field.

2. Is it necessary to have a strong background in math to understand physics?

Having a strong background in math is helpful in understanding physics, as many concepts and equations in physics rely heavily on mathematical principles. However, with dedication and practice, anyone can learn and understand the fundamentals of physics.

3. How can I apply what I learn in physics to real-world situations?

Physics can be applied to a wide range of real-world situations, from understanding how objects move and interact to developing technology and solving complex problems. By learning about the principles and laws of physics, you can gain a better understanding of the world around you and how it works.

4. What are some common misconceptions about physics?

One common misconception about physics is that it is only relevant to highly theoretical or abstract concepts. In reality, physics has many practical applications and can be used to explain everyday phenomena. Another misconception is that physics is only for those who are exceptionally skilled in math. While math skills are important, anyone can learn and understand the basic principles of physics with dedication and practice.

5. How can I stay motivated while learning about physics?

One way to stay motivated while learning about physics is to find topics or applications that truly interest and inspire you. You can also join study groups or attend lectures and seminars to connect with others who share your passion for physics. Additionally, setting achievable goals and celebrating your progress can help keep you motivated and engaged in your learning journey.