Exploring Physics: Becoming a Physicist with Shahin

In summary, Shahin, also known as Shah, is a student from Australia in year 8 who has recently developed an interest in physics. He is seeking information about the job of a physicist and the requirements for it, preferably in Australia. He has a high general knowledge but wants to specialize in something specific, and is particularly interested in working at Cern. He expresses gratitude for a recommended essay by ZapperZ on Physics Forums.
The Shah
Well.. Physicist?? :)

Hi all, my name Shahin (known as Shah),
I'm from Australia, and recently I've found i really enjoy
physics! :P.. anyway, i was just hoping (I'm only in year 8)
someone could give me an insight into the job of a
Physicist and tell me what requirements i need (Australian
requirements if possible :)
I have a very high general knowledge level, but i really want to
be good at something specific, and frankly, physics is very
interesting to me! This is probably what you guys would call
a "glory hunter" but i'd like to work at Cern.. HAHAHAHAAAA!
Anyway,
any replies would be verrryyy helpful!
THANKS!
Shah.

Physics news on Phys.org

thanks mate that's a PERFECT thread for me :)
Cheers

1. What is physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It involves understanding the fundamental laws and principles that govern the physical world.

2. What skills are required to become a physicist?

To become a physicist, one needs to have a strong foundation in mathematics and problem-solving skills. Additionally, critical thinking, curiosity, and attention to detail are important qualities for a physicist.

3. What does a career in physics entail?

A career in physics involves conducting experiments, analyzing data, and developing theories to explain the natural world. Physicists can work in a variety of fields, including research, academia, and industry.

4. Is it necessary to have a Ph.D. to become a physicist?

While a Ph.D. is typically required for a career in research and academia, there are also opportunities for physicists with a bachelor's or master's degree in industries such as engineering, finance, and technology.

5. What is the importance of physics in our daily lives?

Physics plays a crucial role in our daily lives, from the technology we use to the natural phenomena we observe. It has led to advancements in medicine, transportation, communication, and many other areas, making our lives easier and more efficient.