Exponential equations homework

In summary, the conversation discusses a request for help with solving a set of equations involving exponential and logarithmic functions. The person asking for help has attempted to solve one of the equations but is struggling due to their limited understanding of exponential equations. They request further clarification and assistance in solving the equations.
enibaraliu

Homework Statement

Please , can anybody help me to do these and to explan to me?
I tried tried, but i can't do anything.

1. 4x-1 + 4x + 4x-1=84
2. 15 * 2x+1 + 15 * 2 x-1 =135
3. 8x + 18= 2* 27x
4. 3x-8*3x/2 +15=0
5. 5x - 53-x=20

Homework Equations

At the 5th i do like this:
5x - 53-x=5*4 /5
5x-1-52-x=4 and i can't do more, i have just learn for exponential equations and I don't know so good , and that is the reason that i want to help me.the problem is that i want to solve,thanks

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I'm glad to hear you have tried. What have you tried? We can't make suggestions if we don't know what you already know about the problems or what you already tried. Show us what you have done.

It would also help if you told us exactly what the problems are! You give a list of equations. Are you trying to solve the equations? And please use parentheses to clarify what you mean. I would tend to interpret "4^x-1" as 4x-1. Do you mean 4^(x-1) which is 4x-1?

Do you know what a logarithm is?

muppet , i sad before , i have just learned for exponential equations , and I don't know soo good, and if you know better please help to solve these , thank you

What is an exponential equation?

An exponential equation is an equation in which the independent variable appears in the exponent. It can be written in the form y = ab^x, where a and b are constants and x is the variable.

How do I solve an exponential equation?

To solve an exponential equation, you can use logarithms or take the logarithm of both sides. You can also use trial and error, or graphing methods. It is important to check your solution to make sure it is valid.

What are the properties of exponential equations?

The properties of exponential equations include the product property, quotient property, power property, and the zero and negative exponent properties. These properties can be used to simplify and solve exponential equations.

What are some real-life applications of exponential equations?

Exponential equations can be used to model population growth, radioactive decay, compound interest, and many other natural phenomena. They are also used in fields such as finance, biology, and physics.

What is the difference between exponential equations and linear equations?

The main difference between exponential equations and linear equations is that in exponential equations, the variable appears in the exponent, while in linear equations, the variable appears in the base. This results in a curved graph for exponential equations and a straight line graph for linear equations.