Faraday's law of induction and special relativity

In summary, Jackson's text Classical Mechanics takes Maxwell's equations and places them in tensor form. That derivation should be of help to you.
LHS1
I got a master degree in physics and I still found that this is difficult to expalin Faraday's law of induction within the context of special relativity. Most of the textbooks I found only shows that Maxwell equations are consistent with Lorentz transformation. Those books do not really derived them from inverse square law and special relativity. Although I sucessfully derived the other laws of electromagnetism (that is the Maxwell equations other than the one describing the law of induction) in terms of relativity.
Could someone send me the derivation of Faraday's law or just simply the Faraday's law cannot be explained by special relatvity?

Physics news on Phys.org
I already sucessfully derived Faraday's law of induction from inverse square law and special relativity. Thank you for anyone paid attention to my question. However, I got another question about 4 vector potential and already posted. Please take some time to look at it and see whether you could help me or not?

LHS1 said:
I got a master degree in physics and I still found that this is difficult to expalin Faraday's law of induction within the context of special relativity. Most of the textbooks I found only shows that Maxwell equations are consistent with Lorentz transformation. Those books do not really derived them from inverse square law and special relativity. Although I sucessfully derived the other laws of electromagnetism (that is the Maxwell equations other than the one describing the law of induction) in terms of relativity.
Could someone send me the derivation of Faraday's law or just simply the Faraday's law cannot be explained by special relatvity?
Jackson's text Classical Mechanics takes Maxwell's equations and places them in tensor form. That derivation should be of help to you.

Pete

An interesting derivation using the inverse square law, special relativity and a velocity of propogation equal to light can be seen at johnwilliams22dothi5dotcom. Faraday's law can be derived from this, since when the emitting particle accelerates different distances from the particle experience different speeds of the particle (since the speed of light is not infinite). This causes a circulation of electrical force. Is your derivation anyway similar.

What is Faraday's law of induction?

Faraday's law of induction is a fundamental principle in electromagnetism that states that a changing magnetic field will induce an electromotive force (EMF) or voltage in a conducting circuit.

How does Faraday's law of induction relate to special relativity?

Faraday's law of induction is a consequence of special relativity, which states that the laws of physics must remain the same for all observers in uniform motion. This means that the induced EMF will be the same for all observers, regardless of their relative motion.

Can Faraday's law of induction be used to generate electricity?

Yes, Faraday's law of induction is the basis for the operation of generators, which convert mechanical energy into electrical energy by using a changing magnetic field to induce an EMF in a wire loop.

What is the mathematical equation for Faraday's law of induction?

The mathematical equation for Faraday's law of induction is:

EMF = -N(dΦ/dt)

where EMF is the induced electromotive force, N is the number of turns in the wire loop, and dΦ/dt is the rate of change of the magnetic flux through the loop.

What are some real-life applications of Faraday's law of induction and special relativity?

Faraday's law of induction and special relativity have many practical applications, including generators, electric motors, transformers, and induction cooktops. They also play a crucial role in the operation of everyday technologies such as smartphones, computers, and power grids.