Faster than light information transfer

In summary, you are saying that because matter is made of atoms and molecules, and solid matter is formed because of strong interactions between neighboring molecules, electromagnetic forces are what cause objects to move. These forces are limited in speed to the speed of light, so a transfer of information across a vast distance would be difficult to achieve.
Thanks dale, I actually was aware of the information in the Faq, but somehow have always been puzzled by the variables in the question I proposed. Is it odd that I find general relativity more difficult to grasp than any other area of physics? I was curious as to where the FAQ is located. How do I get to it from the physics forums homepage?

Science news on Phys.org
Disregard! I found it :)

The only time you could remove a force in such a way that there would be no delay would be if you were in a circular path using a rocket. Turn off the rocket and you instantly go off in a tangential direction.

1mmorta1 said:
Thanks dale, I actually was aware of the information in the Faq, but somehow have always been puzzled by the variables in the question I proposed. Is it odd that I find general relativity more difficult to grasp than any other area of physics? I was curious as to where the FAQ is located. How do I get to it from the physics forums homepage?

Glad top hear QM isn't a problem. :wink:

sophiecentaur said:
Glad top hear QM isn't a problem. :wink:

It really isn't ;) Somehow I find it to be much easier to grasp. Relativity on the other hand...I know that seems backwards. I actually felt different back in high school. Relativity was so cool, and qm made no sense. My how we grow...

Although sometime's people chide me for my infatuation with the Copenhagen interpretation. I find it to be more insightful than Quantum Decoherence though :O