Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Favorite and least favorite branch of chemistry?

1. Apr 15, 2015 #1
    I was just curious to see what everybody enjoyed the most (or enjoyed the least) in terms of chemistry classes. I finally get to take Inorganic next year, which I feel like I am going to enjoy a lot along with biochemistry.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2015 #2
    Organic, carbon chemistry has more or less endless possibilities, thus endlessly interesting.
    The chemistry of everything else happens within fairly limited domains.

4. Apr 16, 2015 #3

DrDu

Science Advisor

I enjoyed both the organic and inorganic chemistry labs, however, I hated the biochemistry labs, probably, because I never quite made friends with the Eppendorf pipet.

5. Sep 14, 2016 #4

HAYAO

Gold Member

Physical Chemistry and Chemical Physics are one of my favorites. I don't like biochemistry and synthetic chemistry (although part of it involves physical chemistry).

My area of research mainly involves both organic and inorganic chemistry with strong emphasis on physical chemistry (especially photochemistry). However, I really don't like synthesis. I wish someone could do that for me. I like spectroscopic measurements, quantum chemical calculations, and of course, thinking.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook