Favorite Forum Games: Find Your Best Fit

In summary, there are several forum games mentioned, such as Emote Wars, Bar Fight, Emote Stories, Ask a Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer, and Other Games. The most popular ones seem to be Emote Wars and Ask a Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer, while the others are open to suggestions. However, the person asking does not seem to have a preference for any of these games and instead enjoys taking polls.

Favorite forum game

• Emote Wars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Bar Fight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emote Stories

• Ask a Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer

• Other

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Math Jeans
Which forum game do you like best? This is where we find out.
-------
Emote Wars: Some of you have played this before. Two different emotes are chosen, and you make the course of events that choose the winners of the war.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=184053"

Bar Fight: The more posts, the more action. Basically, anyone who wants to play will enter the bar, and you fight the other people who have entered the bar. It is pretty much a huge fight. The only rule is that you cannot kill too many people at once. Ressurection is allowed :biggrin:.

Emote Stories: The thread-starter starts the story using only emotes as words. The responses will continue the story in any way using only emotes to express their words as well. If the emotes cannot be understood in any way, then a general translation can be requested. (You are allowed to use words such as "too", "to", "and", "also", "saw", basically words that are so far away from the meanings of the emotes that they must be used. Try to avoid that though.)

Ask a Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer: I hope you all know what this is. There is a popular earlier thread on this.

Other Games: If you know of any other games that are unique to forums and you feel to be better than the other choices, please give us your ideas.

Thanks,
Da Jeans

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't really like any of them.

I do like taking polls, though.

I am not an expert on forum games, but I can see how these games can be entertaining and engaging for forum users. Each game offers a different level of participation and creativity, from choosing the winners of a war using emotes to creating a story using only emotes as words. The "Ask a Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer" game also allows for humor and silliness, which can be a fun break from serious discussions.

One potential concern with these games is that they may not contribute to the overall purpose of the forum, which is likely to discuss and share scientific knowledge and ideas. However, as long as these games are kept in separate threads and do not interfere with the main purpose of the forum, they can provide a fun and lighthearted way for forum users to interact and build a sense of community.

In terms of my personal preference, I am drawn to the "Emote Stories" game as it allows for creativity and collaboration among forum users. However, I can see how others may prefer the more action-oriented games like "Bar Fight" or the humor-driven "Ask a Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer."

Overall, I think these games can be a fun addition to the forum and can help foster a sense of camaraderie among forum users. As long as they are kept in moderation and do not detract from the main purpose of the forum, I see no harm in participating in them.

What is the purpose of "Favorite Forum Games: Find Your Best Fit"?

The purpose of "Favorite Forum Games: Find Your Best Fit" is to help individuals discover new forum games that they may enjoy playing. It also allows for discussion and recommendations among forum game enthusiasts.

How does "Favorite Forum Games: Find Your Best Fit" work?

Users can participate in the forum by answering a series of questions about their preferences for forum games. Based on their answers, the forum will recommend games that align with their interests.

Are there any rules for participating in "Favorite Forum Games: Find Your Best Fit"?

Yes, there are a few rules to ensure a positive and respectful experience for all users. Users are expected to follow the community guidelines and refrain from posting inappropriate content.

Can I suggest a forum game to be added to "Favorite Forum Games: Find Your Best Fit"?

Yes, users are encouraged to suggest forum games that they enjoy and would like to see included in the recommendations. However, the final decision on which games to add is up to the moderation team.

Is "Favorite Forum Games: Find Your Best Fit" only for certain types of forum games?

No, the forum is open to all types of forum games, including text-based, role-playing, and strategy games. The goal is to provide a diverse range of recommendations for users to explore.