Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Feynman rules for Yukawa theory

1. May 17, 2015 #1
    Hi. Do you know any book/paper/lecture notes where I can find complete derivation of Feynman rules for both scalar and pseudo-scalar Yukawa theory, and maybe an example of application to decay of fermion?

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2015 #2
    Srednicki's QFT book does pseudoscalar Yukawa theory.

The fermion won't decay in a Yukawa theory because the fermion number is conserved. Unless you have something more than the simplest theory in mind?

4. May 17, 2015 #3
    OK, I can see that the hamiltonian is: [tex]H_{I}=g\phi\bar{\psi}\psi+h.c.[/tex]
    And I have to use it to fermion decay. Isn't this the simplest Yukawa theory? Does this hermitian conjugate make different?

5. May 17, 2015 #4
    Are you talking about decay of the ##\psi## particle? There is a U(1) symmetry ##\psi \to e^{i \theta} \psi## under which the Hamiltonian is invariant. This leads to conservation of ##\psi## number. So the ##\psi## particle can't decay. Said another way, in this theory there are no Feynman diagrams you can draw that represent the decay of a ##\psi## particle.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook