Find the Best Zemax Textbook for Professional Optical Engineers

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
laclry311
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Summary:: Hi all, does anyone know a good Zemax textbook? I’d like to learn.

Hi all, does anyone know a good Zemax textbook? I’d like to learn. I am a professional looking to move into the optical engineering field.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
laclry311 said:
Summary:: Hi all, does anyone know a good Zemax textbook? I’d like to learn.

Hi all, does anyone know a good Zemax textbook? I’d like to learn. I am a professional looking to move into the optical engineering field.
I used Zemax a little bit, a long time ago. Sorry, don't have a good user guide to suggest.

But more broadly, since there are multiple optical design codes considered 'industry standard' (Zemax, Code V are two imaging-based, ASAP is one non-imaging optical design code), what is your background and what kind of applications are you interested in pursuing?