1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding the Fourrier Coefficient

1. Jul 3, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

the equation given is this one:

m(t)= cos(200[tex]\pi[/tex]t) + sin(50[tex]\pi[/tex]t)

2. Relevant equations

I need to find the Fourier coefficients for m(t), the power of m(t) and the min and max of m(t)

Fourier.jpg
    3. The attempt at a solution

I tried to search online to find ways of determining the Fourier coefficients but I am really stuck. No lectures were given on that and our lecturer wants us to work it out still.

Anybody sees the light here? :cry:
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2010 #2
    hai it is better if you read about fourier series. Many materials are there in internet. The basic idea is to express any function in terms of summation of sine and cosine terms and their integer harmonics.
    In your problem the function itself is expressed as sum of cosine and a sine term. So the calculation of Fourier co-efficients is pretty much straight forward.

4. Jul 3, 2010 #3
    In summary, type "fourier coeffcients" in google. The first link is probably to wikipedia. Read it and give an attempt at the problem because anything less is just plain laziness.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook