Finding the speed of the cylinder's point of mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alif Yasa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mass Point Speed
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Alif Yasa
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
In the picture
Relevant Equations
Force Equilibrium and Torque Equilibrium
241468

I already got the answer for the case a
but at the case b, i don't know how to sum all of the torques.
I'm thinking of using integral, but i don't know where to put the pivot point for the torque.
I don't know how to search for the pivot point.
Can anybody give me hints so i could find the pivot point ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Alif Yasa said:
I'm thinking of using integral, but i don't know where to put the pivot point for the torque.
take cylinder's center of mass for a pivot point for example
 
Last edited: