Finding Values of p for Convergence: (-1)^(n-1)/ n^p

  • Thread starter Thread starter remaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Convergence
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
remaan
Messages
132
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


For what values of p is the series con.
(-1)^ (n-1)/ (n)^(p)


Homework Equations



In order for a p series to converge, p should be greater than 1

The Attempt at a Solution



So an = 1/ n^p

and p > 1

Is that right ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You're making so many abbreviations and omissions that it's hard to tell what you're thinking -- I think you even confused yourself because of it. Try again, but this time say what you're doing, and why.
 
I don't think so,, the only abbreviation is Con. which means Convergent

** Am trying to find the valu of p for which the series will converge

What I thought about is : becauce it 's a p-series , then p should be P greater than 1 ?

What do you think ??
 
remaan said:
becauce it 's a p-series
No it's not.
 
Oh, you I mean this part is a p- series, the one I considered as an