Finite state machine (Digital) Sequence

In summary, a finite state machine (digital) sequence is a mathematical model used to describe the behavior of a system through states and transitions based on input signals. Its components include states, transitions, and inputs, and it differs from a regular sequence by having a finite number of states and specific input-triggered transitions. Finite state machine (digital) sequences have various applications in fields such as computer science, engineering, and mathematics, and their benefits include clear representation of system behavior, error handling, and problem-solving.
gl0ck
Hello,

here is the problem that I have:
Screenshotfrom2014-05-04113050_zps8253710d.png

Can you please tell me how to determine what is the sequence of the output. I can see it misses 101 and 010 and it repeats 000 and 100.
I think both 101 and 010 are initial states.
The answer I have for repeated sequence is 011, 111, 110, 100, 000, 001, 011

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't access photobucket. If you describe it, I might be able to assist.

What is a finite state machine (digital) sequence?

A finite state machine (digital) sequence is a mathematical model that describes the behavior of a system by defining a set of states and the transitions between those states based on input signals. It is commonly used in digital circuit design and computer programming.

What are the components of a finite state machine (digital) sequence?

The components of a finite state machine (digital) sequence are states, transitions, and inputs. States represent the different conditions or modes that a system can be in. Transitions indicate how the system moves from one state to another based on input signals. Inputs are the signals that trigger the transitions.

How is a finite state machine (digital) sequence different from a regular sequence?

A finite state machine (digital) sequence differs from a regular sequence in that it has a finite number of states and only transitions between those states based on specific inputs. A regular sequence can have an infinite number of possible states and can transition between them in any order.

What are the applications of finite state machine (digital) sequences?

Finite state machine (digital) sequences have various applications in fields such as computer science, engineering, and mathematics. They are commonly used in digital circuit design, computer programming, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence.

What are the benefits of using a finite state machine (digital) sequence?

The benefits of using a finite state machine (digital) sequence include a clear and organized representation of a system's behavior, the ability to easily identify and handle error conditions, and the ability to simulate and test different scenarios. They also provide a systematic approach to problem-solving and can be used to design efficient and reliable systems.