ForaTV dedicated to posting conferences and talks?

• Thread starter Mentalist
  • Start date
In summary, there is a website called fora.tv that is dedicated to posting conferences and talks. The content ranges from business to technology and includes topics such as the "Singularity Summit" and "Are the Rich Taxes Enough?" debate. The site features serious academic scientists but also has some questionable speakers, such as Ray Kurzweil.
Mentalist
Any one else know of this site dedicated to posting conferences and talks?

I have been visiting the site for most of the year now and so far, I like it. I use it more often than I use youtube to find similar videos.

Their content ranges from business to technology. You can watch the "Singularity Summit" for free, although it is about 100+ minutes long. I haven't watched it yet because I am not exactly interested in the sensationalism of Ray Kurzweil, but another might be.

If anyone is interested, check out their site, you might find an interesting talk.

For those interested in politics, you may find the debate, "Are the Rich Taxes Enough?" quite interesting (running time = 109 minutes, and its free to watch).

fora.tv

Physics news on Phys.org

Kurzweil is considered a crackpot. Sounds like they'll allow anything.

They have some serious academic scientists on their channel. You can usually weed out the crack-pots (I've only seen Ray Kurzweil as a notable crackpot on the site, but he is more of the exception to a dedicated site towards quality talks).

http://fora.tv/subtopic/physics?sort=views

1. What is ForaTV?

ForaTV is a website dedicated to posting conferences and talks related to various topics such as science, technology, arts, and business.

2. How can I access ForaTV's content?

You can access ForaTV's content by visiting their website or by downloading their mobile app, both of which are available for free.

3. What type of conferences and talks are posted on ForaTV?

ForaTV posts a wide range of conferences and talks, including TED talks, academic conferences, industry conferences, and panel discussions.

4. Can I watch the content for free?

Yes, all of the content on ForaTV is available to watch for free. However, some conferences or talks may require a paid subscription to access.

5. How frequently is new content added to ForaTV?

New content is added to ForaTV regularly, with new talks and conferences being posted several times a week. You can also sign up for their newsletter to stay updated on new content.