Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fortran 95 and HTML form

1. May 13, 2013 #1
    I've got a Fortran 95 program (which basically does few calculations) and I'd like to use it online. So that, the users will input data into a HTML form, the program will run, and it will display the results.

Would it be possible to do it in the following way?
    To run a little program (e.g. PHP) once the user submits the form, then that program would take the input values from the form and write them into a text file.
    Then it runs the Fortran program, which reads the input values from the text file and does all the calculations - outputting the results to another text file (and then back to the website).

If that's possible, how do I put all these steps into one thing, so that they'll be executed one after another?

Thank you very much for your help!

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2013 #2
    That looks very much like a re-post of How to run Fortran program on the website? Please help, but anyway:

Theoretically, there are many of ways of gluing a module or an an app and a website together, but the choice of architecture largely depends on infrastructure, foremost

- which web-server,
    - running on which platform,
    - providing which infrastructure

is taken into consideration?

And last not least which rights do you have on the box/the OS/the web-server/your site?

Regards, Solkar

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook