Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[Fortran] subroutine needs fixing

1. Jul 5, 2013 #1
    I am trying to use this subroutine which I found online in my model but I am not experienced in programming and I need to know how can I check for errors or debug the code and try to find the mistakes or syntax errors , I have attached the code for your review

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2013 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

It would help if you tell us the syntax error messages that you got, at least the first few of them.

4. Jul 5, 2013 #3
    I am always very hesitant to answer requests like this because I fear it will turn out into a never ending chain of help requests....you cannot be not-experience and do debugging, error checking and programming....you need to put the time to know what you are doing; otherwise, you will simply by the middle man between the program and the forum.

All I am going to say for now is that the source that you attached has an include statement which expects to find a file named "vaba_param.inc" ...so, you need to get a hold of that file, too, before you can compile the program.

Also, the file that you have attached is not meant to be compiled in a standalone fashion, nor will produce an executable program...you are supposed to put together your own main program where you assemble your problem and THEN call the subroutine in this file...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook