Free Unit Conversion Tool - Includes Magnetism & Electrical Units

In summary, the Free Unit Conversion Tool is a comprehensive tool that allows users to easily convert between different units of measurement, including those related to magnetism and electricity. With a user-friendly interface and accurate calculations, this tool is a valuable resource for anyone needing to convert measurements quickly and efficiently. Whether for personal or professional use, this tool makes unit conversion a hassle-free process.
rsr_life
hi!

Does anybody know of any free downloadable unit converters that includes magnetism unit and other electrical unit conversions too?

THANKS

Engineering news on Phys.org
I always had a CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics around to check out questions about units.

I did a google search and here's a online converter that might help.

http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/chemistry/general/units.html#table"

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using Gonvert for a while. It has one of the most comprehensive list of units I've ever seen.
http://unihedron.com/projects/gonvert/

Thanks guys,

Those links were good. But is there a tool in windows that I could use for the same purpose?

Thanks

Here I was thinking that all engineers use a UNIX based system :rofl:

The website has claimed that it works on Windows (assuming you have the dependencies resolved):
http://unihedron.com/projects/gonvert/#Requirements

Install the deps linked from the site and you'll be ready to go in no time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks guys!

Guess not all free converters are comprehensive.

Try doing a search for freeware conversion calculators. They're relatively easy to find. I have an older version ('97) of one called "Conversion Buddy" which I downloaded ages ago that still suites me very nicely and has more parameters than I'll ever use. You can still find it if you do a search for "cbfree39.zip". Typically, if you do a search on the program name of "Conversion Buddy" you'll get links to download the latest version. If you have trouble getting it, let me know and send you the zip file I downloaded.

Thanks for that,

Conversion buddy's still available for free download. Still, none of these softwares seem to have converters for magnetism units. I really wanted something that does that.

Will keep looking

Thanks anyway!

rsr_life said:
Thanks for that,

Conversion buddy's still available for free download. Still, none of these softwares seem to have converters for magnetism units. I really wanted something that does that.

Will keep looking

Thanks anyway!

What do you mean? The software I linked to has the following;
Code:
Magnetic Field strength :
	ampere per meter
	ampere-turn per inch
	ampere-turn per meter
	kiloampere per meter
	Newton per weber
	oersted
Magnetic Flux :
	line of force
	maxwell
	microweber
	milliweber
	unit pole (electro magnetic unit)
	weber
Magnetic Flux Density :
	gamma
	gauss
	kilogauss
	line per square inch
	maxwell per square centimeter
	maxwell per square inch
	microtesla
	millitesla
	nanotesla
	tesla
	weber per square meter

1. How does the unit conversion tool work?

The unit conversion tool uses a mathematical formula to convert between different units of measurement. It takes the input value and converts it to the desired unit using the appropriate conversion factor.

2. Can I convert between any units with this tool?

The unit conversion tool includes a wide range of units for length, mass, volume, temperature, magnetism, and electrical units. However, it may not have every single unit available. If you encounter a unit that is not included, you can easily find the conversion factor online and manually input it into the tool.

3. Is this tool accurate?

Yes, this unit conversion tool is accurate. The conversion factors used are based on standard conversion rates and have been verified by scientific sources. However, if you notice any errors, please let us know so we can correct them.

4. Can I use this tool for complex unit conversions?

Yes, this unit conversion tool can handle complex conversions involving multiple units. It has the capability to convert between different types of units, such as length to mass, or temperature to electrical units.

5. Is this tool free to use?

Yes, this unit conversion tool is completely free to use. There are no hidden fees or subscriptions required. We believe in providing accessible and useful tools for scientific calculations.