Jake Platt Messages 23 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Feb 26, 2014 #1 What filters are to optics, could gas be to a laser?
Simon Bridge Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 17,871 Reaction score 1,653 Feb 26, 2014 #2 Short answer: no. But I think you need to say what you mean. i.e. lasers are part of the field of optics ... so what filters are to optics, filters are also to lasers.
Short answer: no. But I think you need to say what you mean. i.e. lasers are part of the field of optics ... so what filters are to optics, filters are also to lasers.
Bobbywhy Gold Member Messages 1,734 Reaction score 52 Feb 26, 2014 #3 Simon Bridge is exactly right...you must explain your question in greater detail if you expect reasonable answers and comments. You may (I am only guessing) mean this kind of gas lens: “Effect of gas thermal lens in laser resonator on beam mode of high-power CO2 laser” http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002SPIE.4914..102W
Simon Bridge is exactly right...you must explain your question in greater detail if you expect reasonable answers and comments. You may (I am only guessing) mean this kind of gas lens: “Effect of gas thermal lens in laser resonator on beam mode of high-power CO2 laser” http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002SPIE.4914..102W
Simon Bridge Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 17,871 Reaction score 1,653 Feb 26, 2014 #4 That and there are gas filters too. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/096016869190103E ... but I don't see if this fliter is to the laser what some generic "filter" is to "optics". Then of course, photographers often talk about "lens filters". ... and the question is asked in the context of "electrical engineering" - leaving a real puzzle as to what sort of relationship is in mind.
That and there are gas filters too. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/096016869190103E ... but I don't see if this fliter is to the laser what some generic "filter" is to "optics". Then of course, photographers often talk about "lens filters". ... and the question is asked in the context of "electrical engineering" - leaving a real puzzle as to what sort of relationship is in mind.