Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Geant4 Beginner -- looking for advice

Tags:
  1. Oct 12, 2015 #1
    Hi all.

I'm a fresh starter on Geant4 and looking for anybody who is also familiar with it.

Does anybody have experience with Geant4 ?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Oct 18, 2015 #3
    I'd have a look at some of the past tutorials posted here: http://www-public.slac.stanford.edu/geant4/PastEvents.asp

There are some hands-on examples which you can work through on your own. Then I'd suggest looking through the example codes that come with Geant4 if there is one that closely matches your needs. Then you can modify it to what you really want. I'd recommend this approach instead of trying to build your program completely from scratch.

5. Oct 29, 2015 #4

Thank you so much for your reply. It has been some time from the post and I had no choice but trying to figure it out myself. Then I did the exactly what you said. I still have some question marks but also still working on it.

Any more comment and helps are welcome, especially about hadronic examples ;)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook