1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

General Physics essentials/summary book

1. Nov 11, 2012 #1
    Does anyone have a good book which covers the basics of classical and modern physics in a concise fashion? Something like "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Tipler and Mosca but with 1/4 of the page count would be ideal.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2012 #2
    You've probably heard of them before, but the Feynman lectures are a really great resource. They're a little lengthy, but they're easy to understand, and the math is comprehensible. I also subscribe to Physics Today, which has a monthly section on recent textbooks and physics books, a decent percent of which are good for undergraduates.

4. Nov 13, 2012 #3
    I'm a graduate - I really must stress the need for conciseness. I want a book which contains most of classical and modern physics in less than 500 pages, as a reference and also to refresh some out of date physics. I can't be dealing with going through 1500 page door-stops to learn some physics.

5. Nov 13, 2012 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook