1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting ahead in Maths and Physics

1. Mar 23, 2015 #1
    I spent most of my MS/9th grade year failing Math and Science classes, I thought I was the worst at those subjects. However during the 10th grade I figured out that I actually love Math and Physics, so I started reading, and studying, and before I knew it, I was plowing through Calc and Physics Textbooks and helping my girlfriend (Who is in AP Calculus at the time) with her homework, but I am still in HS Geometry, and that I find that class very boring. Is it possible for me to jump up to PreCalc/Calc next year? or is it too late for me to get ahead in math.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2015 #2
    You could instead try to get a deeper understanding of the subjects you are in already. Maybe look into if your school have a math Olympiad team and you will find enjoyment in solving hard problems from those.

Thread should be in the academic advice subforum also I believe.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook