Getting even in subtle and not so subtle ways

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    even
In summary, the conversation revolves around tribdog's experience getting a haircut at Cost Cutters. He makes a comment about the manager's career aspirations, which offends the manager and leads to a bad haircut. The conversation then turns to tribdog's previous experience with a waiter and his unique ability to melt carpet with a MAPP torch.
tribdog
Yesterday I decided to get my hair cut. Being a naturally good looking guy I don't see the need to pay a lot for a hair cut. So I went to Cost Cutters. The manager of the store was the guy who got to cut my hair. He started in with the same lame conversations they always do, but I had a question. I asked him if this job was a stepping stone into getting his own salon. He said no why? and I said Who wants to manage a Cost Cutters for the rest of their life.
He got offended. The next cut with the scissors came with a neat flick of the wrist that ripped about 50 hairs out of my head. then he blew in my face with the hair dryer and didn't even comb my hair when he was done.
Note to self, watch mouth.

Physics news on Phys.org
Note to trib, cut your own hair.

Our to avoid any damage,DON'T...

Daniel.

brewnog said:
Note to trib, cut your own hair.

BAD idea! He might poke out an eye or cut off an ear!

On the upside, tribdog, at least you only had him cutting your hair and weren't getting a shave when you insulted him. That's what you get for going to a hair stylist instead of a proper barber! :smile: BTW, do barbers even exist anymore?

for all we know, this might have been just a nervous gentleman who couldn't resist those good looks of yours and couldn't control himself around you.

for all we know.

i said something like that to a waiter one time. I'm sure that there was a loogy in my food.

relskid said:
for all we know, this might have been just a nervous gentleman who couldn't resist those good looks of yours and couldn't control himself around you.

for all we know.

i said something like that to a waiter one time. I'm sure that there was a loogy in my food.

If it's a hot waiter, that would be a good thing right?

Tribdog? His own hair? Call the fire department? Or, maybe he should work on the carpet some more --- then his girlfriend can do it for him --- a new styling fad, "The Bernzomatic Afro!"

Bystander said:
Tribdog? His own hair? Call the fire department? Or, maybe he should work on the carpet some more --- then his girlfriend can do it for him --- a new styling fad, "The Bernzomatic Afro!"
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Yeah, trib is still the only known person to have ever melted carpet with a soda boda thawed with a MAPP torch.

Related to Getting even in subtle and not so subtle ways

1. How can I get even with someone in a subtle way?

One way to get even in a subtle way is to use passive-aggressive tactics, such as making snide comments or giving backhanded compliments. Another approach is to subtly undermine the person by spreading rumors or withholding important information.

2. Is it better to get even in a subtle or not so subtle way?

It ultimately depends on the situation and your personal beliefs. Getting even in a subtle way may avoid direct confrontation, but it can also be damaging to relationships and create a toxic environment. Consider the potential consequences before deciding on a course of action.

3. What are some examples of subtle ways to get even?

Some examples of subtle ways to get even include sabotaging the person's work, playing mind games, or using manipulation tactics. These tactics can be harmful and should be used with caution.

4. How can I protect myself from someone who is trying to get even with me in subtle ways?

If you suspect someone is trying to get even with you in a subtle way, it's important to stay calm and avoid reacting impulsively. Keep a record of any incidents and try to address the issue directly with the person. If necessary, seek support from a trusted friend or professional.

5. Can getting even in subtle ways be considered bullying?

Yes, getting even in subtle ways can be considered a form of bullying. It involves using manipulation and passive-aggressive tactics to harm someone emotionally or socially. It's important to recognize when your actions may be crossing the line and to find healthier ways to handle conflicts.