1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good Book in Structural Analysis

1. Jan 9, 2012 #1
    Can you suggest a good book for Structural Analysis that can assist me in my self-study? Thanks a lot.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2012 #2
    Sorry I misplaced the question. This shouldn't be here. My apologies.

4. Jan 12, 2012 #3
    I am not sure where the question has gone, but the answer is another question: (covering what sort of level? What topics? There are many suitable and unsuitable books. It depends a bit on the level of maths you are prepared to use)

5. Jan 12, 2012 #4
    I need a good introductory book suitable for the undergraduate level. I'm studying it for the first time. I've had basic Materials Science course (our book was Materials Science and Engineering by Callister 7th ed.), differential calculus, integral calculus, a bit of differential equations and complex analysis, vector analysis, and basic quantum mechanics. Thanks a lot. :smile:

6. Jan 16, 2012 #5
    Usually one would study statics, mechanics of materials, and then structural analysis. Some of the mechanical properties of materials may have been covered in your materials science class, but it would be covered again and applied to structural problems in a mechanics of materials class.

7. Mar 9, 2012 #6
    ramamrutham is a good book for problems.
    c s reddy is a good book for theory.
    if u want a very easy book then go for bhavikhati

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook