Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gotta love Fox News

1. Mar 30, 2003 #1
    In a charming bit of irony, Fox won an appeal against a whistle-blowing reporter who threatened to report pressure from Fox to air what she knew to be false information. Fox's argument? "There is no hard, fast, and written rule against deliberate distortion of the news.... the FCC position against news distortion is only a 'policy,' not a promulgated law, rule, or regulation."

I don't know the legal details of the case, but I think it's fitting Fox is the one making this particular argument. ;) Another tidbit:
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2003 #2
    now i am generally not one to be considered a bible-beater, but i can not help but be reminded of Babylon coming to uphold the laws of man with no regard to the laws of god. i mean even if the bible is all just fiction, setting a president that one can loose their job for not wanting to deceive people sounds like a really bad plan.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?