1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Graduate job prospects without industrial year

1. Sep 24, 2016 #1
    I'm a computer science student in the UK. People are telling me that an industrial year placement is crucial for getting a job when you graduate. For various reasons I can't do an industrial year. What are my prospects like in terms of getting a job? I basically have nothing to add to my CV, would summer internships be a sufficient replacement for an industrial year?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2016 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

An internship is fine, particularly if it is at a company that you want to work for. As a hiring manager I am not going to care much about 1 year of experience in general. But if you have 3 months of experience with one of my colleagues internally and I can learn about your work ethic and behavior from them, then that is worth far more.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted