Fix GeForce GTS 250 Graphics Problem (Code 19) Urgently

• Thread starter yik-boh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graphics
In summary: If you have, does it say that it's already installed? Have you tried to uninstall it again? Have you tried to update your graphics drivers?
yik-boh
Graphics Problem [Urgent]

This shows on my Device Manager.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

It's for my GeForce GTS 250. After I installed HP Display Assistant, nothing happened. So I thought there were no changes. Then, I turned off my PC and went somewhere else. Then I came back home and used my PC again and that problem showed up. I uninstalled the HP Display Assistant but still nothing happened. Sad I downloaded the latest graphics drivers and installed it, still nothing happened. Please help guys. :(

Note: The installation of HP Display Assistant didn't finish. I think it suddenly didn't respond so I just ended the task using task manager. Then after shutting down my PC and opening it again. This happened. Sad And I used Your Uninstaller 2010 to uninstall the said program.

Computer science news on Phys.org

Give us some more information to properly help you, please.

What version of windows do you have?
Is your OS 32 bit or 64 bit?
Have you done windows updates?

After you have told me this, I can give you some tips perhaps.

yik-boh said:
This shows on my Device Manager.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

It's for my GeForce GTS 250. After I installed HP Display Assistant, nothing happened. So I thought there were no changes. Then, I turned off my PC and went somewhere else. Then I came back home and used my PC again and that problem showed up. I uninstalled the HP Display Assistant but still nothing happened. Sad I downloaded the latest graphics drivers and installed it, still nothing happened. Please help guys. :(

Note: The installation of HP Display Assistant didn't finish. I think it suddenly didn't respond so I just ended the task using task manager. Then after shutting down my PC and opening it again. This happened. Sad And I used Your Uninstaller 2010 to uninstall the said program.

Since you didn't let it finish, have you tried to install the HP Display Assistant again?

1. Why is my GeForce GTS 250 graphics card showing a Code 19 error?

There are several possible reasons for this error, including outdated or corrupted drivers, conflicts with other hardware or software, or a malfunctioning graphics card.

2. How can I fix the Code 19 error on my GeForce GTS 250 graphics card?

The first step is to try updating your graphics card drivers. You can do this through the Device Manager or by downloading the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. If that doesn't work, you may need to troubleshoot for conflicts with other hardware or software, or consider replacing the graphics card.

3. Can a Code 19 error cause permanent damage to my graphics card?

No, a Code 19 error is typically a software issue and should not cause any permanent damage to your graphics card. However, if the issue is not resolved, it could lead to further problems and potentially affect the performance of your graphics card.

4. Is there a way to prevent the Code 19 error from occurring in the future?

Yes, keeping your graphics card drivers up to date and regularly checking for conflicts with other hardware or software can help prevent the Code 19 error from occurring. It is also important to make sure your graphics card is properly cooled and not overheating, as this can sometimes cause issues.

5. Can I fix the Code 19 error myself or do I need professional help?

In most cases, you should be able to fix the Code 19 error yourself by updating drivers or troubleshooting for conflicts. However, if the issue persists or you are unsure of how to proceed, it is always best to seek professional help from a computer technician.