Losing Wifi hotspot when connecting to signal

In summary: The PC's connection to the phone is unstable and drops when the phone tries to connect to the PC's wifi signal.
jack action
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2023 Award
TL;DR Summary
Wifi hotspot on PC disconnects when phone tries to connect to it.
New to Wifi. I bought the following wifi network adapter to make my PC a hotspot for my new smart phone to connect to:

14931641.png

I could finally make it work by installing the driver from kelebek333 (from the PPA repo).

I created a wifi connection with a method similar to this one. (The IPv4 & IPv6 settings are set to 'shared to other computers')

I can activate the connection successfully, but as soon as I turn the phone on and it tries to connect to the wifi signal, the PC connection drops. Sometimes, it can last for a few seconds, just enough to download some notifications. Sometimes it drops by itself, but I think it is because some of my neighbors' machines try to connect to my wifi signal.

What could be the problem? The driver? The hardware itself? Wrong set-up? Some info about my system:

Code:
inxi -FN
Code:
System:
  Host: maison Kernel: 5.4.0-72-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Xfce 4.14.2
  Distro: Linux Lite 5.0 LTS
Machine:
  Type: Desktop Mobo: Micro-Star model: B450M PRO-M2 (MS-7B84) v: 1.0
  serial: <superuser/root required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: 2.E3
  date: 06/11/2020
CPU:
  Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics
  bits: 64 type: MCP L2 cache: 2048 KiB
  Speed: 1520 MHz min/max: 1600/3500 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1423 2: 1432
  3: 1467 4: 1418
Graphics:
  Device-1: AMD Raven Ridge [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series]
  driver: amdgpu v: kernel
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: amdgpu,ati
  unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
  OpenGL: renderer: AMD RAVEN (DRM 3.35.0 5.4.0-72-generic LLVM 11.0.0)
  v: 4.6 Mesa 20.2.6
Audio:
  Device-1: AMD Raven/Raven2/Fenghuang HDMI/DP Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
  Device-2: AMD Family 17h HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.0-72-generic
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
  driver: r8169
  IF: enp37s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: 30:9c:23:d6:6c:6b
  Device-2: Realtek 802.11n type: USB driver: rtl8188fu
  IF: wlx1cbfceea0202 state: down mac: 1c:bf:ce:ea:02:02
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 447.13 GiB used: 129.86 GiB (29.0%)
  ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Patriot model: Burst size: 447.13 GiB
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 438.62 GiB used: 129.85 GiB (29.6%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 26.8 C mobo: N/A gpu: amdgpu temp: 26 C
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Info:
  Processes: 255 Uptime: 45m Memory: 13.68 GiB used: 2.15 GiB (15.7%)
  Shell: bash inxi: 3.0.38

Computer science news on Phys.org
I had that problem too. It was my provider enforcing a rule that you can't be a WiFi hotspot at the same time you're getting WiFi signal in from another source. I never found a way around it.

In my RV park, I subscribe to a WiFi service. They charge per device, so I paid for only one device at a time. I had the idea that I could use my phone as the one device, but make the one a hotspot hub for all my other devices. They outfoxed me. I don't know if they did that with the help of my cell provider or not. I have no app from the WiFi service provider on the phone.

Edit: I view it as a form of them enforcing their digital rights control.

I don't have wifi. I'm connected to the world only from a cable plugged into my PC. I recently bought a smart phone (mostly for the camera), hoping to connect to the internet via my PC. I'm not sure I've done the right set up or use the right equipment to do so, though.

The way you described it is confusing. Are you saying the phone's connection to the PC is unstable or the PC loses its internet connection when the phone connects to it?

When the phone connects to the wifi signal from the PC, the PC connection drops, thus no more signal available. You then have to 'reconnect' the wifi hotspot on the PC, which will drop again as soon as the phone is turned on around the PC.

Are you expecting the PC's Wifi to provide both the link to your phone and its own link to the internet? That won't work.

Likes davenn
The PC is already connected to the Internet via:

Code:
Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
  driver: r8169
  IF: enp37s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: 30:9c:23:d6:6c:6b

I'm hoping the phone will connect to the internet through the following device (the one in the picture above), via wifi:

Code:
Device-2: Realtek 802.11n type: USB driver: rtl8188fu
  IF: wlx1cbfceea0202 state: down mac: 1c:bf:ce:ea:02:02

Sorry, I misread your question.
jack action said:
I can activate the connection successfully, but as soon as I turn the phone on and it tries to connect to the wifi signal, the PC connection drops.
  1. Clarify PC connection. The PC acting as a hotspot, or the PC's connection to the Ethernet cable connection to the Internet.
  2. Have you tried any devices other than your phone to connect to the hotspot wifi?
  3. The link you provided https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...adapter-802-11n-gb-dongle-windows-10/14931641 never mentions the word hotspot. I think it is designed to connect your PC to a WiFi signal, making your cable unneeded. Usually, that dongle is not needed because the laptop PC has WiFi on the motherboard.

anorlunda said:
  1. Clarify PC connection. The PC acting as a hotspot, or the PC's connection to the Ethernet cable connection to the Internet.
The PC acting as a hotspot.
anorlunda said:
  1. Have you tried any devices other than your phone to connect to the hotspot wifi?
No, I don't have any. (Never needed wifi before.) But sometimes the hotspot disconnects by itself (without the phone on nearby), and I think it is from machines in my neighborhood trying to connect to my signal.
anorlunda said:
  1. The link you provided https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...adapter-802-11n-gb-dongle-windows-10/14931641 never mentions the word hotspot. I think it is designed to connect your PC to a WiFi signal, making your cable unneeded. Usually, that dongle is not needed because the laptop PC has WiFi on the motherboard.
No it doesn't and I'm not sure it is the appropriate device for what I want to do. I'm open to suggestions for a better set up.

That being said, the phone does connect to my signal and download a few notifications from apps, just for the few seconds it can stay on in the right conditions (usually when booting the PC - connecting the networks automatically - while the phone is close by, already on).

Have you followed these instructions?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-hotspot-c89b0fad-72d5-41e8-f7ea-406ad9036b85
Turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular data connection. If your PC has a cellular data connection and you share it, it will use data from your data plan.

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
  2. For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share.
  3. Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save.
  4. Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.
  5. To connect on the other device, go to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, find your network name, select it, enter the password, and then connect.

I have Linux, but I did the equivalent, as stated in my OP:
jack action said:
I created a wifi connection with a method similar to this one. (The IPv4 & IPv6 settings are set to 'shared to other computers')

jack action said:
What could be the problem? The driver? The hardware itself? Wrong set-up?
Yep, could be anyone (or more) of those, plus any number of other things. These things can be tricky to set up even with official drivers (which are often only available for Windows), branded hardware (instead of some no-name junk, no offence intended) and when you know what you are doing (again no offence intended).

Assuming your ISP allows it, the best way to go would be to replace whatever it is on the other end of your ethernet cable with a WiFi router and connect your phone (as well as your PC) to that. Throw away the cheap dongle.

If your ISP doesn't allow it, it may well be that they don't allow hot-spotting either and are doing something to prevent it.

Likes jack action, Tom.G, anorlunda and 1 other person
I suspect something like this:
  • Your ISP provides you with a connection to the Internet. This also means that they are assigning an IP address to tour computer.
  • When you try to create a "hotspot" - if you do not install a router with NAT or PAT translation - you are in effect allowing other devices to use your IP address. This is definitely not allowed.
  • Since your "hotspot" is created in your PC, the PC needs its own IP address to work. If your phone tries to use the same IP - crash!
I strongly advice you to invest in a router with
  • Wi-Fi connection
  • NAT translation
  • and a DHCP server
The default setup of such a router is usually sufficient.

Likes Digcoal, russ_watters, jack action and 1 other person
Svein said:
  • When you try to create a "hotspot" - if you do not install a router with NAT or PAT translation - you are in effect allowing other devices to use your IP address. This is definitely not allowed.
Hotspot mode includes a DHCP server and NAT...

Svein said:
I strongly advice you to invest in a router with
  • Wi-Fi connection
  • NAT translation
  • and a DHCP server
The default setup of such a router is usually sufficient.
...but yes, you would still be better off with a WiFi router as long as your ISP permits this.

Likes jack action
pbuk said:
Hotspot mode includes a DHCP server and NAT...
Then it is a question of configuring the setup. The PC will act as a router, the phone has to get an IP address from the DHCP server (Not the same IP address as the IP address of the PC!) and use that IP address. The internal DHCP server must be configured to use one of the private address spaces (usually 192.168.1.nnn).

Likes jack action
Svein said:
Then it is a question of configuring the setup. The PC will act as a router, the phone has to get an IP address from the DHCP server (Not the same IP address as the IP address of the PC!) and use that IP address. The internal DHCP server must be configured to use one of the private address spaces (usually 192.168.1.nnn).
Yes, all this is handled transparently by negotiation between the hotspot (or 'wireless access point') driver and the connecting device.

Likes jack action
I have to say that the situation is very confusing to people who are not there. "The PC" is a device on (at least) two networks, so all references to losing connections are ambiguous. It sounds like the WiFi connection is made and then dropped.

I would start by seeing what IP addresses are assigned. I don't think that will solve the problem, but it might be a place to start.

To be honest, debugging with a phone will be very difficult.

Likes russ_watters and jack action
Thank you all for your responses, they are helpful.

I never used wifi before. I thought I needed a router or a card, and then I found out that there were these other antennas. Not a lot of info technically about any of these devices (what do you look for in a router?), so it is hard to determine what they do and don't do.

As for the small device I have right now, I figured the price was so low that it was worth trying it. But I'm not married to it.

I don't think my provider doesn't allow wifi, it's a very well-established provider in the region and I can't imagine people cannot connect their ipads, phones, etc. on their local network when at home.

Last edited:
So what IP address does the phone get. Can you even tell?

How does data go from the 10.42 net to the real network?

Let me make it easier for all of you.

I have this phone (Sony Xperia, Android) with no SIM card, that I want to connect my PC (Linux, see OP for details) via wifi, such that I can connect it to the Internet via my home network. I connected to wifi once at someone else's house, how did that happen? What do I need? If you go on this bestbuy site, what do I need from them? I don't need fast, I don't need range, I need cheap.

By the way, if I could do it with a cable, I would. But it seems phones don't allow that.

Vanadium 50 said:
So what IP address does the phone get. Can you even tell?

How does data go from the 10.42 net to the real network?
My knowledge is very limited in the wifi protocol and everything sounds like an alphabet soup when I hear about it. If you want to have some info about either of my machines, give me the command and I will execute it.

If your contract with the ISP is for one device only and it starts seeing additional network packets with an Android fingerprint then it may well drop those packets, severing the connection. This is consistent with your reported symptoms: sometimes the connection is up and data comes through for a short time only, and then (once the ISP has spotted that you are using their network to do something you are not paying them for), the connection drops.

If there was some problem with DHCP, NAT or anything else then it would be unlikely that any data would get through.

So before you spend time checking some complicated stuff, do the easy bit: look at your ISP's Ts and Cs.

Oops, I wrote that last post a couple of hours ago but it only just seems to have been posted! I'll catch up now...

jack action said:
My knowledge is very limited in the wifi protocol and everything sounds like an alphabet soup when I hear about it.

I'm afraid this will make it hard. The normal way you want to do this is to buy a Wifi router that will do all this (and even so, might be blocked by your ISP if they don't like this use). You want to use knowledge to save you money, but you don't have the knowledge yourself, so you want to use ours. That's going to be harder. Then we're not with you so all communication has to go through this channel - we can't look over your shoulder. That's going to be harder still.

Microcenter has a Wifi router for $13. At some point you need to ask yourself how much trouble you want to save $13.

jack action said:
As for the connections I have, here is the info (when both are working):
That is far too much information to put on a public forum, you should delete it.

You have a pretty good connection there - I'm getting a round trip time from here in the UK to your computer and back of 101-117ms.
jack action said:
I don't think my provider doesn't allow wifi, it's a very well-established provider in the region and I can't imagine people cannot connect their ipads, phones, etc. on their local network when at home.
They are probably using one of these. What do you plug your PC into?

jack action said:
I have this phone (Sony Xperia, Android) with no SIM card, that I want to connect my PC (Linux, see OP for details) via wifi, such that I can connect it to the Internet via my home network. I connected to wifi once at someone else's house, how did that happen? What do I need? If you go on this bestbuy site, what do I need from them? I don't need fast, I don't need range, I need cheap.
Wifi NAS routers are commodity devices. There's a bajillion out there and they all have basically the same core features. Here's the cheapest one I see at Best Buy ($31 US):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/linksys-ac1000-dual-band-wi-fi-5-router/6378613.p?skuId=6378613

But they are such commodity devices that odds are if you have a techie friend they may have an old one lying around that they kept "just in case" that they are willing to give you for cheap or free.

BTW; are you paying your ISP to rent your modem? Odds are you can buy one that includes modem and wifi/NAS router capability to replace it and save money (if your ISP allows).

Likes Vanadium 50
russ_watters said:
BTW; are you paying your ISP to rent your modem?

And if you want to rent, they will happily rent you a modem with a built in Wifi AP. I know because I know who your IP is. @pbuk is right - there's a lot of information there. More than you probably want.

Likes russ_watters
Here's what I know:

I have an ethernet card (incorporated in my motherboard); The computer recognizes it by itself, it also recognizes the signal from my provider coming through it by itself; easy plug'n'play. I have no clue how all of this works in the details since I never had the need to ask.

I have added another device to set a wifi network. The computer could see the device but did not know what to do with it. I installed a driver. It does now recognizes the device and knows it's a network device. But it is still a possibility that the PC doesn't interact correctly with the device (wrong driver);

I have a program to manage my networks (NetworkManager). The ethernet was set by itself when I installed the OS; I don't remember anything about it. The wifi one was set manually by me. I chose the connection type (wifi), the device to use, and how to use it (hotspot). The network seems to be established.

Now I have 2 networks, but I don't know how they connect one with the other or how they interact together. But it seems to happen, data from one is transferred to the other one, in both directions. And when they do interact, the hotspot network rapidly disconnects by itself in my PC. I highly doubt my ISP provider has the power to go inside my computer and disconnects my wifi connection; My Ethernet, I could believe, but not the wifi network that I created on my PC. (I'm still wondering how my ISP provider can know that the data sent through my Ethernet cable comes from my PC or from some other machine connected through my PC)

Looking at the specifications of other machines (routers), I failed to see the differences other than signal strength and the possibility of a 5 GHz signal (Is this important?). Is my only solution trying other wifi devices until one works?

How do I check, or where do I look, to see if the driver works properly? Is there a log of some sort that could give me (or you) an idea of what is going on when the hotspot disconnects?

jack action said:
But it seems to happen, data from one is transferred to the other one, in both directions
How do you know?
jack action said:
the hotspot network rapidly disconnects by itself in my PC
How do you know?
jack action said:
I highly doubt my ISP provider has the power to go inside my computer and disconnects my wifi connection
So do I, but they could definitely be dropping packets from your phone.

Sure you don't just want to spend $13?

Vanadium 50 said:
How do you know?
Some app notifications appeared on the phone. Therefore, the phone must have sent requests and received responses.

Vanadium 50 said:
How do you know?

Because I have a desktop notification telling me 'Disconnected - Wireless network' and I have to use NetworkManager to reconnect it.

Vanadium 50 said:

I already spent blindly 13 $CAD and now my next option is to spend 20 $CAD (+ a 15 km trip) for a used router (like this one) found on a local classified ad.

jack action said:
Because I have a desktop notification telling me 'Disconnected - Wireless network' and I have to use NetworkManager to reconnect it.

OK, so that means that the computer has trouble talking to the wireless adapter, not that the phone does.

Does dmesg have any error messages?

Likes russ_watters
jack action said:
I already spent blindly 13 $CAD and now my next option is to spend 20 $CAD (+ a 15 km trip) for a used router (like this one) found on a local classified ad.
It is unlikely to work. Your ISP only allows equipment it provides on the network you are on.

Vanadium 50 said:
Yes, this.
Vanadium 50 said:
Won't stop them dropping Android packets if that's what they are doing.

pbuk said:
Your ISP only allows equipment it provides on the network you are on.
Is this a statement about the OP's ISP? Because if so, I am puzzled, since they give instructions on how to add a third party router to their modem.

Likes Digcoal
Vanadium 50 said:
Is this a statement about the OP's ISP?
Yes.
Vanadium 50 said:
Because if so, I am puzzled, since they give instructions on how to add a third party router to their modem.
Not on the page I read, it specifically forbade this. I'll send PM.

here is a copy of dmesg (It is only the last part of a longer output. At this point the phone is on and the connection is constantly opening and closing):

Code:
               usb_endpoint_descriptor(0):
[ 8470.283222] RTL871X: bLength=7
[ 8470.283223] RTL871X: bDescriptorType=5
[ 8470.283224] RTL871X: bEndpointAddress=81
[ 8470.283225] RTL871X: wMaxPacketSize=512
[ 8470.283225] RTL871X: bInterval=0
[ 8470.283226] RTL871X: RT_usb_endpoint_is_bulk_in = 1
[ 8470.283227] RTL871X:
               usb_endpoint_descriptor(1):
[ 8470.283227] RTL871X: bLength=7
[ 8470.283228] RTL871X: bDescriptorType=5
[ 8470.283229] RTL871X: bEndpointAddress=2
[ 8470.283229] RTL871X: wMaxPacketSize=512
[ 8470.283230] RTL871X: bInterval=0
[ 8470.283231] RTL871X: RT_usb_endpoint_is_bulk_out = 2
[ 8470.283231] RTL871X:
               usb_endpoint_descriptor(2):
[ 8470.283232] RTL871X: bLength=7
[ 8470.283233] RTL871X: bDescriptorType=5
[ 8470.283233] RTL871X: bEndpointAddress=3
[ 8470.283234] RTL871X: wMaxPacketSize=512
[ 8470.283234] RTL871X: bInterval=0
[ 8470.283235] RTL871X: RT_usb_endpoint_is_bulk_out = 3
[ 8470.283236] RTL871X: nr_endpoint=3, in_num=1, out_num=2

[ 8470.283237] RTL871X: USB_SPEED_HIGH
[ 8470.283239] RTL871X: CHIP TYPE: RTL8188FU
[ 8470.286149] RTL871X: rtw_hal_config_rftype RF_Type is 3 TotalTxPath is 1
[ 8470.286152] RTL871X: Chip Version Info: CHIP_8188F_Normal_Chip_SMIC_B_CUT_1T1R_RomVer(0)
[ 8470.286154] RTL871X: _ConfigChipOutEP_8188F OutEpQueueSel(0x05), OutEpNumber(2)
[ 8470.289128] RTL871X: EEPROM type is E-FUSE
[ 8470.298127] RTL871X: Boot from EFUSE, Autoload OK !
[ 8470.307123] RTL871X: hal_EfuseSwitchToBank: Efuse switch bank to 0
[ 8473.470787] RTL871X: hal_ReadEFuse_WiFi: data end at address=0x74
[ 8473.473799] RTL871X: EEPROM VID = 0x bda
[ 8473.473801] RTL871X: EEPROM PID = 0xf179
[ 8473.473808] RTL871X: hal_com_config_channel_plan chplan:0x20
[ 8473.473810] RTL871X: Hal_EfuseParsePowerSavingMode_8188F...bHWPwrPindetect(0)-bHWPowerdown(0) ,bSupportRemoteWakeup(1)
[ 8473.473811] RTL871X: ### PS params=>  power_mgnt(0),usbss_enable(0) ###
[ 8473.515751] RTL871X: kfree Pwr Trim flag:1
[ 8473.515753] RTL871X: bb_gain:3
[ 8473.584705] usb 1-2: request firmware rtlwifi/rtl8188fufw.bin
[ 8473.584767] usb 1-2: request firmware rtlwifi/rtl8188fufw.bin loaded
[ 8473.584770] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload: fw_ver=4 fw_subver=0000 sig=0x88f1, Month=08, Date=22, Hour=17, Minute=36
[ 8473.584771] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload(): Shift for fw header!
[ 8473.584772] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload by IO write!
[ 8474.648924] RTL871X: polling_fwdl_chksum: Checksum report OK! (1, 4ms), REG_MCUFWDL:0x00050105
[ 8474.684887] RTL871X: _8051Reset8188: Finish
[ 8474.699872] RTL871X: _FWFreeToGo: Polling FW ready OK! (5, 44ms), REG_MCUFWDL:0x000501c6
[ 8474.699874] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload: DLFW OK !
[ 8474.699875] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload success. write_fw:1, 1116ms
[ 8474.702874] RTL871X:  <=== rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload()
[ 8474.747843] RTL871X: CardDisableRTL8188FU
[ 8474.859729] RTL871X: hal_read_mac_hidden_rpt OK! (1, 156ms), fwdl:1, id:0x19
[ 8474.859732] RTL871X: InitAdapterVariablesByPROM_8188FU(): REPLACEMENT = 0
[ 8474.859734] RTL871X: rtw_hal_read_chip_info in 4576 ms
[ 8474.859817] RTL871X: init_channel_set((null)) ChannelPlan ID:0x20, ch num:13
[ 8474.859991] RTL871X: NR_RECVBUFF: 8
[ 8474.859992] RTL871X: MAX_RECVBUF_SZ: 32768
[ 8474.859996] RTL871X: NR_PREALLOC_RECV_SKB: 8
[ 8474.860121] RTL871X: rtw_alloc_macid((null)) if1, hwaddr:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff macid:1
[ 8474.860128] RTL871X: Init_ODM_ComInfo_8188f(): fab_ver=0 cut_ver=1
[ 8474.860137] RTL871X: phy_ConfigBBWithPgParaFile(): No File PHY_REG_PG.txt, Load from HWImg Array!
[ 8474.860141] RTL871X: default power by rate loaded
[ 8474.860314] RTL871X: pwrctrlpriv.bSupportRemoteWakeup~~~~~~
[ 8474.860315] RTL871X: pwrctrlpriv.bSupportRemoteWakeup~~~[1]~~~
[ 8474.860316] RTL871X: can't get autopm:
[ 8474.860319] RTL871X: rtw_macaddr_cfg mac addr:1c:bf:ce:ea:02:02
[ 8474.860320] RTL871X: bDriverStopped:True, bSurpriseRemoved:False, bup:0, hw_init_completed:0
[ 8474.860336] RTL871X: rtw_wiphy_alloc(phy11)
[ 8474.860339] RTL871X: rtw_wdev_alloc(padapter=0000000067c8d72c)
[ 8474.860340] RTL871X: rtw_wiphy_register(phy11)
[ 8474.860457] RTL871X: rtw_ndev_init(wlan0) if1 mac_addr=1c:bf:ce:ea:02:02
[ 8474.860781] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8474.861637] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8474.884033] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8474.884050] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_dump_station(wlan0)
[ 8474.884051] RTL871X: Station is not found
[ 8474.904838] rtl8188fu 1-2:1.0 wlx1cbfceea0202: renamed from wlan0
[ 8474.927747] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8474.927759] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_dump_station(wlx1cbfceea0202)
[ 8474.927760] RTL871X: Station is not found
[ 8474.934438] RTL871X: +871x_drv - drv_open, bup=0
[ 8474.996612] RTL871X:  power-on :REG_SYS_CLKR 0x09=0xfc. REG_CR 0x100=0x3f.
[ 8474.996614] RTL871X:  MAC has already power on.
[ 8475.026596] usb 1-2: request firmware rtlwifi/rtl8188fufw.bin
[ 8475.026652] usb 1-2: request firmware rtlwifi/rtl8188fufw.bin loaded
[ 8475.026656] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload: fw_ver=4 fw_subver=0000 sig=0x88f1, Month=08, Date=22, Hour=17, Minute=36
[ 8475.026656] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload(): Shift for fw header!
[ 8475.026657] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload by IO write!
[ 8476.090844] RTL871X: polling_fwdl_chksum: Checksum report OK! (1, 4ms), REG_MCUFWDL:0x00050105
[ 8476.126806] RTL871X: _8051Reset8188: Finish
[ 8476.141782] RTL871X: _FWFreeToGo: Polling FW ready OK! (5, 44ms), REG_MCUFWDL:0x000501c6
[ 8476.141784] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload: DLFW OK !
[ 8476.141785] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload success. write_fw:1, 1112ms
[ 8476.144792] RTL871X:  <=== rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload()
[ 8476.144794] RTL871X: fw download ok!
[ 8476.501517] RTL871X: PHY_MACConfig8188F OK!
[ 8477.340865] RTL871X: PHY_BBConfig8188F OK!
[ 8478.120328] RTL871X: PHY_RFConfig8188F OK!
[ 8478.339185] RTL871X: usb_AggSettingRxUpdate: RX Aggregation USB mode, size=20KB, timeout=1024us
[ 8478.686892] RTL871X: pDM_Odm TxPowerTrackControl = 1
[ 8478.690150] RTL871X: pDM_Odm TxPowerTrackControl = 1
[ 8480.221991] RTL871X: rtl8188fu_hal_init in 5288ms
[ 8480.468564] RTL871X: #### hw_var_set_opmode() -5007 iface_type(0) mode = 2 ####
[ 8480.480837] RTL871X: rtw_rf_get_kfree_tx_gain_offset path:0, ch:6, bb_gain_sel:0, kfree_offset:3
[ 8480.501788] RTL871X: kfree gain_offset 0x55:0x82060
[ 8480.546538] RTL871X:  after :0x8e070
[ 8480.546541] RTL871X: MAC Address = 1c:bf:ce:ea:02:02
[ 8480.546679] RTL871X: rtw_cfg80211_init_wiphy:rf_type=3
[ 8480.546681] RTL871X: [HT] HAL Support STBC = 0x01
[ 8480.546688] RTL871X: -871x_drv - drv_open, bup=1
[ 8480.548135] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_set_power_mgmt(wlx1cbfceea0202) enabled:0, timeout:-1
[ 8480.549663] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8480.549688] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_dump_station(wlx1cbfceea0202)
[ 8480.549689] RTL871X: Station is not found
[ 8480.550243] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8480.554945] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8480.554975] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8480.555109] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8480.555126] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8480.555578] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_get_txpower
[ 8480.570266] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_flush_pmksa(wlx1cbfceea0202)
[ 8480.611453] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_scan(wlx1cbfceea0202)
[ 8480.611461] RTL871X: rtw_cfg80211_set_probe_req_wpsp2pie(wlx1cbfceea0202) listen channel - country:XX, class:81, ch:1
[ 8485.924539] RTL871X: survey done event(8) band:0 for wlx1cbfceea0202
[ 8485.924561] RTL871X: rtw_indicate_scan_done(wlx1cbfceea0202)
[ 8485.925831] RTL871X: ==>rtw_ps_processor .fw_state(8)
[ 8485.925833] RTL871X: ==>ips_enter cnts:1
[ 8485.925834] RTL871X: nolinked power save enter
[ 8485.925835] RTL871X: ===> rtw_ips_pwr_down......
[ 8485.925836] RTL871X: ====> rtw_ips_dev_unload...
[ 8485.937948] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_set_power_mgmt(wlx1cbfceea0202) enabled:1, timeout:-1
[ 8485.942879] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_change_iface(wlx1cbfceea0202) type=3
[ 8485.942880] RTL871X: cfg80211_rtw_change_iface(wlx1cbfceea0202) call netdev_open
[ 8485.942882] RTL871X: +871x_drv - drv_open, bup=1
[ 8485.942883] RTL871X: -871x_drv - drv_open, bup=1
[ 8485.942885] RTL871X: _rtw_pwr_wakeup wait ps_processing...
[ 8485.948470] RTL871X: usb_read_port_cancel
[ 8485.948676] RTL871X: usb_read_port_complete() RX Warning! bDriverStopped(False) OR bSurpriseRemoved(False)
[ 8485.948926] RTL871X: usb_read_port_complete() RX Warning! bDriverStopped(False) OR bSurpriseRemoved(False)
[ 8485.949196] RTL871X: usb_read_port_complete() RX Warning! bDriverStopped(False) OR bSurpriseRemoved(False)
[ 8485.949467] RTL871X: usb_read_port_complete() RX Warning! bDriverStopped(False) OR bSurpriseRemoved(False)
[ 8485.949741] RTL871X: usb_read_port_complete() RX Warning! bDriverStopped(False) OR bSurpriseRemoved(False)
[ 8485.950170] RTL871X: usb_read_port_complete() RX Warning! bDriverStopped(False) OR bSurpriseRemoved(False)
[ 8485.950443] RTL871X: usb_read_port_complete() RX Warning! bDriverStopped(False) OR bSurpriseRemoved(False)
[ 8485.950709] RTL871X: usb_read_port_complete() RX Warning! bDriverStopped(False) OR bSurpriseRemoved(False)
[ 8485.950715] RTL871X: usb_write_port_cancel
[ 8485.950729] RTL871X: ==> rtl8188fu_hal_deinit
[ 8485.962494] RTL871X: CardDisableRTL8188FU
[ 8486.382202] RTL871X: <=== rtw_ips_pwr_down..... in 456ms
[ 8486.382208] RTL871X: _rtw_pwr_wakeup wait ps_processing done
[ 8486.382210] RTL871X: _rtw_pwr_wakeup call ips_leave...
[ 8486.382211] RTL871X: ==>ips_leave cnts:1
[ 8486.382212] RTL871X: ===>  rtw_ips_pwr_up.....
[ 8486.382219] RTL871X: ===> ips_netdrv_open...
[ 8486.445110] RTL871X:  power-on :REG_SYS_CLKR 0x09=0xfc. REG_CR 0x100=0x3f.
[ 8486.445112] RTL871X:  MAC has already power on.
[ 8486.475153] usb 1-2: request firmware rtlwifi/rtl8188fufw.bin
[ 8486.475221] usb 1-2: request firmware rtlwifi/rtl8188fufw.bin loaded
[ 8486.475224] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload: fw_ver=4 fw_subver=0000 sig=0x88f1, Month=08, Date=22, Hour=17, Minute=36
[ 8486.475225] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload(): Shift for fw header!
[ 8486.475226] RTL871X: rtl8188f_FirmwareDownload by IO write!

<h2>What causes a loss of Wifi hotspot when connecting to a signal?</h2><p>There are several potential causes for this issue, including interference from other electronic devices, outdated software or drivers, and physical obstructions between the device and the Wifi hotspot.</p><h2>How can I troubleshoot a loss of Wifi hotspot connection?</h2><p>To troubleshoot this issue, you can try restarting your device and the Wifi hotspot, updating your device's software and drivers, moving closer to the Wifi hotspot, and checking for any physical obstructions that may be blocking the signal.</p><h2>Why does my Wifi hotspot keep disconnecting when I try to connect to a signal?</h2><p>This could be due to a weak Wifi signal, outdated software or drivers, or interference from other electronic devices. It could also be caused by the Wifi hotspot being overloaded with too many connected devices.</p><h2>Is there a way to prevent a loss of Wifi hotspot connection?</h2><p>There are a few steps you can take to prevent this issue, such as keeping your device's software and drivers up to date, avoiding physical obstructions between your device and the Wifi hotspot, and limiting the number of devices connected to the Wifi hotspot at one time.</p><h2>What can I do if I continue to experience a loss of Wifi hotspot connection?</h2><p>If the issue persists, you may need to contact your internet service provider for further assistance. They may be able to provide a stronger Wifi signal or troubleshoot any underlying technical issues that could be causing the problem.</p>

What causes a loss of Wifi hotspot when connecting to a signal?

There are several potential causes for this issue, including interference from other electronic devices, outdated software or drivers, and physical obstructions between the device and the Wifi hotspot.

How can I troubleshoot a loss of Wifi hotspot connection?

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try restarting your device and the Wifi hotspot, updating your device's software and drivers, moving closer to the Wifi hotspot, and checking for any physical obstructions that may be blocking the signal.

Why does my Wifi hotspot keep disconnecting when I try to connect to a signal?

This could be due to a weak Wifi signal, outdated software or drivers, or interference from other electronic devices. It could also be caused by the Wifi hotspot being overloaded with too many connected devices.

Is there a way to prevent a loss of Wifi hotspot connection?

There are a few steps you can take to prevent this issue, such as keeping your device's software and drivers up to date, avoiding physical obstructions between your device and the Wifi hotspot, and limiting the number of devices connected to the Wifi hotspot at one time.

What can I do if I continue to experience a loss of Wifi hotspot connection?

If the issue persists, you may need to contact your internet service provider for further assistance. They may be able to provide a stronger Wifi signal or troubleshoot any underlying technical issues that could be causing the problem.