Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gravitational waves, electromagntic waves and charged particles

1. Apr 16, 2012 #1
    Hi all,

I am trying to out what happens when a gravitational wave caused by a monochromatic, electromagnetic plane wave interacts with a charged particle. As we all know, the electromagnetic wave causes the particle to follow a figure of eight shaped path (in the particles rest frame anyway). I've gone through some calculation and have some results, but am not sure whether they are remotely sensible. So I though, I would just search the internet for someone who had done the calculation and see if the answers corresponded. However, search as I may, there is nothing to be found on the subject except for the case with neutral particles (already done that one).

So was hoping someone here might know where I might find such material as I can't imagine that no one else has done this.

Many thanks :smile:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted