Oh my gosh, I have a funny story. You would have spat out your Kool-aid upon witnessing it.
I ended up dating a guy that looked exactly like Richard Gere in that movie. It was hilarious to us, because he’s around 50 and I’m almost 20 years younger. On our first date, every man in the room is about dying and can’t stop looking and smiling- it looked like that sort of thing was going on! We ended up playing on it and having a blast messing with people. He would do weird stuff like drop his glasses under the table to look up my dress and I played on his flower metaphor by wearing a floral one. He would spout out hilarious remarks while waitresses and other patrons could hear it. I’m not sure if he is a millionaire (I think he does programming on nuclear stuff), but he always looked he was and I would get all dressed up for dates. I ended up hurting his feelings during a debate on politics while we were hiking later on, so we broke it off when I wouldn’t convert to his political ideals. I guess I’m no Julia Roberts and will be single forever!
