Finding Reliable Technical Information Online: A Scientist's Guide

• Thread starter DonKiwi
  • Start date
In summary, finding reliable technical information online can be a daunting task for scientists, as the vast amount of information available can often be overwhelming and difficult to navigate. However, there are several strategies that can help scientists effectively search and evaluate online sources, such as using reputable websites, checking for author credibility and bias, and utilizing search engines and databases specifically designed for scientific research. It is also important for scientists to critically evaluate the information they find and consider the source's relevance and accuracy in relation to their own research needs. By following these guidelines, scientists can confidently and efficiently find reliable technical information online.
DonKiwi
I have recently spent a frustrating amount of time trawling through online pages searching in vain for specific technical information. I am a refugee from the white noise of irrelevant data, uninformed opinion and misguided search results of these endeavours. I hope my questions will be of interest to others as I anticipate any answers to be.

Likes warhammer
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the club, mate!

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. I only just saw it after getting lost in navigation and shaking rust from my brain in answering a question which a member had asked. I will see before long if it is appreciated or whether I am run out of this town on a rail. :)